Question

Redirection of Catalog

Badge

Upon clicking the “Browse all catalogs” option , the link is redirecting to the production environment Catalogs option as shown in the second image below-

Production server-

How can I keep the link within the sandbox environment catalog to itself and not redirect to the production page?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @arnab.duttagupta what is your “browse all catalogues” button? Is it custom, a widget? The issue is likely the URL behind the button. 

Badge

Thanks for your response, I am not sure whether its a custom widget or a custom button, most likely the former. How do I edit the URL- By Configure Branding and look? Do you have any link in the Knowledge Base or any videos please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is probably in your Pages but it’s hard to say without seeing your site. It could be an HTML/WYSIWIG widget or it may be some custom CSS (which would be located in a different spot - under Configure Branding > Custom CSS; you might need a dev person to look at the code if this is the case)

Badge

Ok, thanks, let me check this, if its the former then its easier..

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree...actually just rethinking my response...if this contains a URL it cannot be CSS so I must be a page element or widget. Have you added and fully customized pages?

Badge

Yes you are right, so let me check the widgets. It was customized by a vendor before I joined and they dont have SOPs in place. Thats the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If it ends up being the link, you should update it to be relative instead of absolute so that you don’t have to do this on every update/refresh. i.e.instead of learnatm.merckgroup.com/pages/53/learnm just put /pages/53/learnm

Badge

I have found the Widget was constituted as a HTML/WYSIWG so changing it to <a href="https://53/all-catalogs" class="browse-all-link">Browse all catalogs &gt;</a> is not working yet-

Pls just let me know what link to put here so that the link is redirected to the Sandbox catalog page only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you want to make it relative (highly recommend) you do not put the https://

if you want it to work in sandbox you need to change the learnatm.emdgroup.com to the sandbox version. 

Badge

Thanks for your prompt response. I tried putting as you suggested-

But both of them are redirecting me to the Learn@M Production homepage, so can you tell me exactly which link would solve my purpose?

Badge

I changed the link to this but still its leading me to the production homepage-

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For the relative you need to start with a /

are you saving the widget and page and clearing your cache on refresh to get the updated widget? There’s no reason the second one wouldn’t go to something on stage if you are saving both the widget and the page and then refreshing well. When you hover over the link in the bottom right corner of your browser you should see a preview of the link it has, is this matching your updates before clicking on it?

Badge

Hi Bfarkas- I changed the link to the catalog link of Sandbox , refreshed, cleared caches but still not redirecting to the sandbox but instead to the production again-

Shall I delete this HTML Widget and recreate with the link mentioned above?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you saving both the widget and the page before refreshing? What does the browser preview of the link say in the bottom left corner before you click on it? Need to make sure the link is updated before clicking or if you have some weird redirect from being logged into both environments going on(but based on the link in the screenshot should not be happening). Generally good to keep different browser instances for sandbox vs. production though when testing to make sure no weirdness. 

Badge

Unfortunately the redirection link on the left is showing for production-

I have signed out of production, tried the sandbox on Edge this time after clearing cookies and caches still no avail. Is this a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That’s a completely different link then you are entering, are you sure you’re saving both the widget AND the page before you refresh? Could make another widget of anything and see if it is showing up to you and through a new link in to confirm. 

Badge

I did the same changes on a different landing page and its working now!! Thanks for your constant help. Such guidance is highly appreciated..