Skip to main content

Hello, 

We want all users to remain access to the platform to be able to fetch course certificates and basically for historic and reporting purposes as well. 

But we hit a big snag here…

We provide access to several catalogues through a subscription model. The payment are handled outside of the platform, and we manually put users within branches based on what the pay for in terms of access. 

Now we realized that users who get access to get their ILT course certificates, who previously has access to the paid catalogues, can still use the courses from their “my courses and learning plans” page. They cannot see the paid catalogues, or the courses, but all courses that they previously signed up for, were in progress with, or finished, is still available to them. They should not be able to go through these any more. 

Any tips on setup here? I believe it is a bit complex.

I know that there is a deadline we could use on courses, but for the paid plan, we want users to have full flexibility, and not put restrictions on the courses. 

You might need to create “annual” versions of courses that will expire therefore limiting access...For your ILT courses, as long as you do not allow users to self-enrol or change sessions, they should not be able to sign up for another session as this is blocked by the system. What is the issue exactly? Are your users retaking certain courses?

For eLearning, if you have a time period by course, you could put validity dates on your courses based on enrollment or access date. Make sure you have the soft deadline turned off. 

ILTs have a validity too, but it is based on session enrollment, “Learners will be able to access the course for a limited number of days after the end of the last session in which they are enrolled.”

Hope this helps. 

Hey, I believe you could try the archiving feature (KB article here). This will archive the current enrollment, making it accessible in reports (with some minor limitations), while preventing users from accessing the course

For eLearning, if you have a time period by course, you could put validity dates on your courses based on enrollment or access date. Make sure you have the soft deadline turned off. 

ILTs have a validity too, but it is based on session enrollment, “Learners will be able to access the course for a limited number of days after the end of the last session in which they are enrolled.”

Hope this helps. 

For ILT the time period works great, and is implemented. 

Time period for the E-learning courses would have helped, but I cannot apply this, because the rest of our customers pay an annual fee to have unlimited access to all courses, and be able to redo them as many times as they want. This would degrade their access and experience in the plattform. 

Hey, I believe you could try the archiving feature (KB article here). This will archive the current enrollment, making it accessible in reports (with some minor limitations), while preventing users from accessing the course

Thank,you this is one option to resolve my issue. 

Do you know if I can automate this is some way.. For example, archive enroll all enrollments for a user that is put in a certain branch or group. 

If I cannot automate, it might be a huge manual task to go through all users and archive enroll each course, that may be 100+ courses 🤯

Thank,you this is one option to resolve my issue. 

Do you know if I can automate this is some way.. For example, archive enroll all enrollments for a user that is put in a certain branch or group. 

If I cannot automate, it might be a huge manual task to go through all users and archive enroll each course, that may be 100+ courses 🤯

No way to automate this...Archiving is very basic. PLease also keep in mind that if your courses contain things like test, SCOFRM objects with scores, etc. All data cannot be retrieved once the enrolment record is archived...We are very selective about what we archive for just that reason. 

Am waiting to see if Insights will be able to bring this data back into view

you can check out the Archiving gaps here:

Please also keep in mind that if your courses contain things like test, SCOFRM objects with scores, etc. All data cannot be retrieved once the enrolment record is archived...We are very selective about what we archive for just that reason. 

Am waiting to see if Insights will be able to bring this data back into view

you can check out the Archiving gaps here:

https://community.docebo.com/product%2Dq%2Da%2D7/courses%2Dassets%2Dmarked%2Doutdated%2D2388

This it true, what kind of training materials do your courses have? We use scorms and Docebo tests and it works fine

Regarding automation, we have built one with Docebo Connect by leveraging API, for a very simple use case. For more complex ones there is the possibility to build an API routine.

This is the API we used 

POST /enrollment/v1/courses/{course_id}/users/{user_id}/archive

Perhaps  you could set an enrollment validity only on those users, but you might need to get this one automatize too, setting the same date as the subscription

@francesca.vaccarino yes the archiving works with any type of enrolment status and training materials however if you intend for the user to retake the course and use the “reset tracking data” option (on by default), all the data associated with the initial completion of the training materials is lost (well sort of)...I assume it’s still somewhere in a database but you cannot retrieve it on your reports...that’s what I was referring to.

If you archive and don’t use the reset, the user is stuck in the course seeing only what they completed in the first round. The course is not reset.

That said, can you tell me more about how you set the Connect recipe?

@lrnlab sure! It’s a fairly simple solution that arose from a very specific use case, in terms of course management.

We created a scheduled recipe that runs daily, checking whether any specific courses had completed enrolments from exactly 6 months ago, and if so, archiving those enrolments.

@francesca.vaccarino how did you create the recipe? Can you share that part? Thx