Question

Courses/assets marked Outdated

• 7 February 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

When a Superadmin/PowerUser/User is advised that their course/asset is outdated.  There is no way of clearing this other than updating the links etc. to clear the outdated status. 

This is frustrating when the asset is new and is not outdated. Could be user error marking it as outdated?

More so for courses, where you can’t identify what part of the course they believe is outdated?

Especially when the course is current, not outdated.  Is it one item in the course the user believes it out of date?  To remove this status you would need to refresh the links to all the training material?

Is there  not a way that the owner can clear this without having to go through the whole course?

I know that it is only the owner of the course/asset that sees it marked as outdated but they are still asking the question who, why and how do we clear it?

11 replies

Userlevel 3

Agreed. It should be possible to toggle the Outdated status off. It would also be nice to be able to see who marked it as outdated.

Userlevel 5

I second that. I have users marking things outdated all the time, but they don’t know what they are doing (because they won’t watch the training tutorials). This has to be easier to fix. The “Outdated” feature isn’t really helpful unless users can tell us what they think is outdated.

I’d like a way to see all courses and assets marked as Outdated at once. I’d also like a way to turn this feature off in the system, at least temporarily. I see it’s value, but it’s value depends on it being used correctly by users, which rarely happens.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I agree with all that this feature is not valuable at all times, especially if the user doesn’t exactly know what this feature is for or even pressed the button by mistake. Would be nice to be able to turn it off for selective courses/assets. 

Also, can someone help confirm that if all Superadmins and PUs will receive the notification OR only Superadmins and PUs who are assigned to the courses will receive the notifications?

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

We need the ability to just turn this off.  My users are clicking outdated on things I’ve just posted.  Kind of like they think it’s a status for them - I’ve read it; I’m done.  They don’t understand that now that asset is marked as “outdated” for EVERYONE else and it makes our assets look bad.  Silly feature to mark the asset in public view as outdated.  It should simply send a notification to the admin for the admin to review and update as needed.  But just automatically flagging it for all users - without admin validating the claim is really problematic!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I want to add that I also feel that we need this to change. It being the default, without us being able to deactivate or moderate the feedback of the users just isn't working. This marking by one user, for example as an accident, now has way to much impact on all other users. 

Userlevel 1

Is there still no solution for this? Someone marked an asset outdated that only just last month was completely overhauled. Now it’s warning other users off of something that could be an extremely valuable link for them. How do I clear this?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Is there still no solution for this? Someone marked an asset outdated that only just last month was completely overhauled. Now it’s warning other users off of something that could be an extremely valuable link for them. How do I clear this?

Unfortunately, the only way to “clear” it is to republish the asset.  Ridiculous number of clicks to do.  :( 

Userlevel 5
Badge

I posted an Idea to Upvote here:  

Userlevel 3

Is there a report that I can download that will show me the list of courses and the outdated number for each course? I tried exporting the course data from the Course Management but it wasn’t included in any of the spreadsheets.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there a report that I can download that will show me the list of courses and the outdated number for each course? I tried exporting the course data from the Course Management but it wasn’t included in any of the spreadsheets.

I haven’t found a way to get it on a report, but you can see it on the course management page and use it to sort your courses.  It’s one of the column options.  It’s not perfect and won’t get it on a spreadsheet, but at least you can look at them that way.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I had hoped it would show up on the Course reports but it doesn’t.