Best Answer

Remove courses for inactive user profiles from displaying in admin tasks and reports

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, how could I Manage the courses for Deactivated user profiles?

We have a situation where user profiles get deactivated, the enrolled courses are still showing as due/In progress in our Admin task widgets in our Docebo Landing/Home page.

Our Power User admins were seeing the Inactive users course details for an action item. How you manage the courses from Inactive user Profiles? Are you unenrolled them from the courses?

icon

Best answer by adv-docebo 12 May 2022, 13:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3

I think that is a very important question - also when you have an ILT with limited seats, a deactivated user still occupies and “clogs” that seat. It would be great if they could just “disappear” from the course lists same as for reports where you can hide deactivated users  

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have created a dropdown user additional field, Account Status with values for Active or Inactive.

That way the reports can be filtered by the flag and eliminate the users accounts that we don’t need in the reporting = Inactives. We also have setup an additional branch Inactives where we move those users that are no longer with the company.

It takes a lot of creativity but so far it has worked, because I agree there is a lot of noise from inactive users...

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a similar setup to what @adv-docebo described. A user additional field for active/inactive, and an exited employees branch. This provides excellent filtering options within the platform. All managed automatically with an integration to our HRIS, which is the source of truth for this data.

This was a problem for us too. We just set up an inactive branch and we filter our inactives to that branch. When we are mass assigning, we do not assign to them. We are currently running reports and removing or suspending any courses already assigned to those users. Good luck! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@catherine.coleman @Allan @adv-docebo 

Morning- thanks for sharing your best practices!
So I am understanding, When you mention the Inactive additional field, is that needed for filtering at the Course report level? Or can you all tell me what reporting is still showing the active user. Unless I am missing something. User Additional field can’t be used when you export a “course” level report (from the courses report tab) but I can see you using an enrollment additional field.

I ask b/c when you create Custom reports, there is already a deactivated and expired users filters

I wanted to make sure I understood the use case for using an additional field since you only have 50 of them in all…

I do understand and like the idea of putting the inactive users in their own branch!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

We came up with the inactives folder and the additional field “account status” because when you have automations if you inactivate students the automations will not act on them. In our industry (food retail) where is common for employees to leave and comeback, our clients want to be able to take them out of their stores when they leave but bring them back when they return via the automation. If we inactivate the accounts they will not be able to do that, so we needed an alternative. So it is a function of both the the course and learning plans reports and of the automation.

Userlevel 3

@cathyp   might be something to consider for how we deal with employees who leave the business to remove them from reports, etc. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have created a dropdown user additional field, Account Status with values for Active or Inactive.

That way the reports can be filtered by the flag and eliminate the users accounts that we don’t need in the reporting = Inactives. We also have setup an additional branch Inactives where we move those users that are no longer with the company.

It takes a lot of creativity but so far it has worked, because I agree there is a lot of noise from inactive users...

How you manage the “Account status” field? updating manually for all the users status?  or we have any rules setup for “Account status” field to update automatically based on status?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I just want to understand how to remove/unenroll the courses from Inactive user account. So far, we are doing as a manual activity. Do we have any option to automate the unenroll course from inactive user profile?

Any one have a best practice to overcome this situation? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I just want to understand how to remove/unenroll the courses from Inactive user account. So far, we are doing as a manual activity. Do we have any option to automate the unenroll course from inactive user profile?

Any one have a best practice to overcome this situation? 

From my experience there is no simple (gui) way with the controls present within the platform to achieve this via a mass action or automation. 

Presumably you want to do this for reporting purposes? Filtering via branches and/or account status additional field is the best approach I’ve found and should achieve the desired reporting results with minimal friction.