Question

Removing Deactived Users from Groups

• 17 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I have set up an automated group using a primary position set i.e. all our housekeepers belong to a housekeeping group. I then clicked the remove deactivated users tickbox in options but it is still pulling through deactivated users. What can I do?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi. If there is a bug or technical issue or basically the system is not working as it should, I would suggest putting in a ticket and having Docebo look at it.  From what I read, that is your situation. Good luck!

Thank you @JeanetteMcVeigh 

Just to add on to my question* 

I created the rule a few months ago, there has since been some deactivated leavers, is it definitely supposed to remove them? or would I need to reset the rules again to pick up these changes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Were these users added manually to the automatic group? Because then the ‘remove deactivated...’ won’t work on those users.  But if they were added automatically, then you they should be removed - at least that is my understanding.  :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I have set up an automated group using a primary position set i.e. all our housekeepers belong to a housekeeping group. I then clicked the remove deactivated users tickbox in options but it is still pulling through deactivated users. What can I do?

I experienced the same thing but did not bother raising a ticket, I thought I’d only need to re-save the group. Hope this gets resolved soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mnaomr What constitutes a deactivated user for you? Is it just the status icon (on the Users page) or are you also adding an expiration date?  If you are only using one of these ‘markers’, I’d suggest using both. When I do, I find that my automatic groups are accurate. Tbh, I’ve not tested to see which marker is the one that really influences the group.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@mnaomr What constitutes a deactivated user for you? Is it just the status icon (on the Users page) or are you also adding an expiration date?  If you are only using one of these ‘markers’, I’d suggest using both. When I do, I find that my automatic groups are accurate. Tbh, I’ve not tested to see which marker is the one that really influences the group.

The driving force is the Status Icon/Field.  We do not add expiration dates to our user accounts, but our groups are accurate with deactivated users removed once the icon status has been toggled to inactive.