Skip to main content

Hi.  I’m trying to disable the hyperlink on a catalog name on a custom page using the catalog widget.  We’ve curated the page to display only learning plans, but because the catalog name is a hyperlink, it takes them to the standard catalog page and displays both courses and learning plans.  I need both assigned to the catalog for diplay on other pages.

Any guidance is highly appreciated!

Thanks

Lynda

not sure I am fully clear on what you want to do but it sounds like you should create a custom catalogue that only includes your LP’s and them create a custom page with the catalogue widget for your custom catalogue only.

@lrnlab Thanks for the quick response.  I’m trying to not have to create so many duplicate catalogs.  I was hoping there was either an option, or CSS that would make the catalog name just a title instead of a hyperlink.

Your suggestion absolutely works to solve the problem, but increases the administration :-)

I may have to go that route…

Thanks 

Lynda

I understand but if you look to use CSS, keep in mind the this may break the link wherever you use the b built in catalogue page + you may have to maintain that over time.

good point.  thank you for that.

@lyndagutman 

If you’d like to break the hyper link of a catalog you can use the following code: 

#doc-widget-2155 .ui-text-link{
pointer-events: none;
text-decoration: none;
color: black;
}

You would just need to inspect the the page where the catalog lives and locate the widget ID. This will only work for that page that widget lives on though so you might have to repeat the process multiple times.  

@pmo, thank you… that’s exactly what i was looking for.

I have a similar question, but for channels, not catalogs. Does the same css apply?