Skip to main content

Through our implementation, courses were set up slightly different, as we learned more about what the system offered and what our needs were. I’d like to be able to audit the course setup information to make sure we have updated everything to our current standards.

I know I can run Course Properties report from the Course Management screen. Does anyone know if there’s a way to run a report(s) that shows the following?

• Course Widgets and their content
  • Catalogs course is associated with
  • Learning Plans course is associated with
  • Training materials (end object marker)

Do you mean the “Export Course Data” option under Course Management? If yes, that is your best bet. You can see all but the first in your list in this export...just make sure to select all options. It will be exported in separate files but you can combine them into one.

Do you mean the “Export Course Data” option under Course Management? If yes, that is your best bet. You can see all but the first in your list in this export...just make sure to select all options. It will be exported in separate files but you can combine them into one.

Yes, I’ve done that export with all options but I don’t see what I’m looking for.

I see now the End Object Marker column, so that’s great!

But I don’t see where I can see what catalogs the courses are in, nor what learning plans courses are in.

The usage data section is what displays the catalogue(s) they are in...make sure you select ALL the export options to get the maximum amount of of data. you should get all these files if you select all options

Thank you for the screen shots. 

Where do you see a column for the Catalogs? The “Course visibility in catalogs” field doesn’t show the catalogs the course is in.

Same with Learning Plans. Can you point me to the column that has that information, as I can’t find it.

Thanks,

Ariel

It’s all under the Course Usage report

The report has 1 line for each of the above (if the course its spot where it can be found in either an LP, catalogues and channels...

My mind was just blown, thank you! I thought a Usage report would be related to data about courses taken, so I hadn’t drilled in.

Thank you again, I really appreciate your time.

Ariel

😉