Question

Report to include catalog option

• 17 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I have been tasked with running a report that allows the firm to see at a glance what courses (both ILT and eLearning) we have in a catalog without a user having to log in and physically look.

I have been told this is not possible.  Has anyone found a way to do this at all?

Note: we can’t just use categories, as some courses fall into more than one and you can only assign a course to one category.

Thanks... Neil :sunglasses:

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Neil,

Do you just need a list of the contents?  If that’s the case you might be able to use a public catalogue, if you need a list of titles you might be able to use something like a learning plan report to collate the titles together.

We desperately need this too. I’m not a one-man admin any more, and we’re onboarding power users in different regions. It’s driving us a bit crazy that we’re not able to really see what’s being made visible to different groups with certainty in a timely manner. If this feature isn’t added or there isn’t a work around soon, I’m freaking out a small bit about Legal and Regulatory auditing.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Greeting @np11, A quick and dirty trick (you might say ) is to go to “Reports” and choose Course Dashboard. Scroll down and you will see a list of courses (Unfortunately this is not your complete list. These are only courses that a Learner  is enrolled in.). You can then export this list to Xcel to manipulate the date as you see fit (You could also schedule this report.) Another idea is to have The interested parties logged in  and create a widget to bring them to a page that you have the dashboard on. 
Suggestion on capturing your complete list of courses:

Since it is based upon enrollments, when you create the course enroll a “test Mouse.” Before the course starts remove the test to keep your reporting correct. 

Hope this work around helps for now. This would be a good idea to enter in the “Idea Portal.”