Question

Resetting points

• 20 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Before we went live with the LMS, we had training in the live system, and looked at badges.  Some were set up but weren’t removed when we went live.  Unfortunately users ended up achieving badges before we had really thought about what we wanted to do in terms of point scoring.  

When we realised this we removed all the badges, but unfortunately people who earnt points are now on a minus points figure.

Is there a way of resetting points and starting again?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Any ideas guys?  I’m stuck on -4200 points :(

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m not aware of any easy way you could do this. I would start by asking support, and possibly playing with removing the gamification app entirely, but only in your sandbox, then replacing it and seeing if that resets things.

The only other way I can think of is to create a specific badge with a specific number of points and manually assign it to the relevant person - which is horrible.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Happy Monday! It has been a while since we connected on Gamification and since we have identified a solution to our badge point issue. I know your issue is in the negatives but maybe this would work the other way around? Create a large badge with a high amount of points and assign to each learner?

For us, we found that if you need to delete old badges, it doesn't delete the points associated with that badge and Docebo is unable to do much about it, especially if you have already deleted the old badges. 

The best way we found to accomplish this is to create a “Reset Reward” in the Reward Shop and manually go through and select the reward per learner you need to reset. Hopefully, you don’t have many….

The reason you would need to do this is, is if you needed/wanted to re-launch your Gamification function and have all your learners start on the same playing field. If you didn't reset the points, older users would have an advantage over newer users. 

Hope this helps someone else not to make the same mistake we did!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Like @DRamirez is suggesting - give a badge of X points for testing with you. Testing Champion sounds reasonable to me.