Skip to main content

I have a simple Certification tied to a Test (80% score required) that we would like learners to “re-take” every year and “renew” their Certification. I am wondering if anyone knows how to set this up so that after 365 Days, the Test score resets to zero?

I would like to avoid learners arriving at the Test and finding their old score as it causes confusion, in that the learner does not know they have to re-take the test.

If the course containing the test is part of a renewal certification, it should reset the course back to Not Stared when the user uses the RENEW button to access the course again. Although I cannot confirm for the test reset, I would assume that would wipe out the previous attempt as well.

The certification & retraining feature solves for that. But there are several limitations and this is why we don’t use it for our annual refresher courses: 

1. The user accesses the annual refresher courses a weird way...by going their “My Activities” and manually clicking a “Renew Now” link that launches the course. Having to train our  thousands of users how to access a screen they never visit and requiring that they manually initiate the refresher course is more work than just duplicating the course manually enrolling all of our employees. Ideally, the system should recognize the approaching deadline and automatically initiate re-enrollment. 
  2. In our experience, the certification & retraining process wipes out prior user records for the course. We lose our ability to audit if the employee previously took the course, maintained compliance every year, if they previously failed the course, etc. 

Docebo said this feature would be enhanced in 2022 but I never saw an announcement about it so I’m not sure if it’s better now. 

@jennadionn this should/could make your day…

@jennadionn this should/could make your day…

Talk about timing!

still no mention of when though so you may need to be patient...perhaps the enrolment archive options will come down first which may help a little