Sandbox

• 10 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there, 

Does anyone have experience setting up a Sandbox environment on Docebo in order to test different course configurations? If so, could you provide advice on how to do that? 

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@meaganp Hello!

Yes, I have a sandbox for Docebo. It is an option that we purchase with our contract, so discuss this with your Account Manager if necessary.

If you have a production platform already “built” then you can ask your Account Manager to have it replicated over to your sandbox. It takes between 5-10 days, depending on their availability. 

If you don’t have a production platform already, then you can try out various approaches in the sandbox before building them in production. The only things you can’t do are enable SSO, SSL, and send notifications (I think).  So you can add courses, plan pages/menus, enable Extended Enterprise, etc.

I really like having the sandbox.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KMallette Thank you so much! Do you by any chance know how much it costs? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@meaganp You’ll need to reach out to your Account Manager for that information. I wouldn’t feel comfortable speaking for them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You dont necessarily need a sandbox if you only need to test courses...you can create “test” catalogues, branches, groups, channels, etc and only assign those to your test IDs. 

If you are testing functionality, configuration settings and more advanced features where you want to run these in a “safe” environment with no chance of affecting your production environment, users, etc., then, a proper sandbox is a good idea.

If you ask Docebo for a sandbox, you might also ask them to copy over your production data so you have some thing to start with (probably and extra cost you might be able to negotiate)