Sanity check - best practices setting up Student Courses and enrollment

• 17 January 2023
  • 0 replies

Hello,

We are using Docebo uniquely, we are making modules for high school students to go through to help them prepare for college. The idea is students log on and work with a coach throughout their high school years. We have readings built in Articulate (i.e., SAT test tips) and then a check-in on the material in a folder called “Readings and check ins”. Then we have a separate folder with test that are reformatted to let us know the student has done that item (i.e., registered for the SAT test). 

I just want a sanity check here to make sure what I set up makes sense.

• Courses = the year the student is in (i.e., Jr. year, Sr. year, College) that live in a Channel
  • Students are under branch = internal, which includes anyone in the organization (vs external that could be other school districts for ex)
  • Group = the year (i.e., Jr year. or Sr. year)
  • User type = user
  • I have a home page that has a “courses” widget that shows the courses

I have students select their grade year in an additional field upon registration, which triggers one of two enrollments. If register == Jr. they will be enrolled in the Jr. course, and if registration == senior they will be enrolled in the Jr. and Sr. course. When student “graduates” from Jr. they will still have access to the material.

Does this set up make sense? Is there a simpler way? Should I be using catalogs?

Thanks in advance!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!