Question

SCORM Cloud/Rustici Dispatch problem

• 8 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’m running into a problem with a SCORM Cloud/Rustici Dispatch package from a vendor.  It does not work in inline or llightbox modes, but only in fullscreen and new window.  When in inline or lightbox modes the course “wait” animation starts but never stops.  My best guess is that these two modes are breaking inter-frame communications.

I don’t want to run the course in fullscreen mode because it ends up requiring scrolling to find the play button (and it won’t autoplay).

Has anyone run into this and found a solution?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Browser console should give a clue as to whether it is a cross-server/access issue - I assume you added the SCORM Cloud servers to the allow list for materials in the Docebo Admin settings?

We have a similar problem. We upload a piece of xAPI content via the Course > Training Material uploader to Docebo. When we do that it works if its played in a new window, if its played inline or in lightbox mode it has a CORS issue, it’s blocking a frame requested from cdn1.dbstatic.com which I assume is the Docebo cdn. I’ve added this URL to the iframe allowlist but its still being blocked which seems odd behaviour to me as its within the Docebo context and there are no links to external sites, all the content is on this CDN. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We had this issue a long time ago and it was happenign with a lot of our courses. After troubleshooting it seemed clear to me it was on Docebo’s side so I opened a support ticket. Took a couple of weeks but they applied a fix/patch that resolved it. So I wouldn’t wait - open a ticket asap.

Thanks for that Mark, I’ll reach out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@NickBAD - I hate to do the pitch? But the Rustici software folks are sooooooo responsive and open to helping you debug a problem….if you find it going stale on the one end? They can sit with you - open up a console session and help to guarantee where the issue is coming from.

Userlevel 1

I’m running into a problem with a SCORM Cloud/Rustici Dispatch package from a vendor.  It does not work in inline or llightbox modes, but only in fullscreen and new window.  When in inline or lightbox modes the course “wait” animation starts but never stops.  My best guess is that these two modes are breaking inter-frame communications.

I don’t want to run the course in fullscreen mode because it ends up requiring scrolling to find the play button (and it won’t autoplay).

Has anyone run into this and found a solution?

I got an example SCORM Cloud package and imported it into a test course with lightbox mode. It works very well.