Best Answer

Search Bar Functionality

• 31 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hey Community, when I search the platform search bar, it shows both the course and the learning object and I want to know if you can hide the learning object from the search bar so only the course appears?

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 31 August 2022, 18:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Unfortunately not currently, there are very few search controls. All items that meet the criteria will be returned.

okay, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Jessi.Pittman you can vote this one up if you like

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/admins%2Dshould%2Dhave%2Dthe%2Doption%2Dto%2Dhave%2Dglobal%2Dsearch%2Dresults%2Dshow%2Donly%2Dfull%2Dcourses%2Dand%2Dexclude%2Dmodules%2Dfrom%2Da%2Dcourse%2D1129

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jessi.Pittman - you are getting everyone’s attention. Listen an alternative is that you could hide the search bar all together...no more problem...well then you also lose your search…

Good luck with your line of thought...many of us have gone down different paths to resolve this issue...including just removing the search bar all together.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Jessi.Pittman- you are getting everyone’s attention. Listen an alternative is that you could hide the search bar all together...no more problem...well then you also lose your search…

Good luck with your line of thought...many of us have gone down different paths to resolve this issue...including just removing the search bar all together.

I do see several clients hiding the search bar altogether, especially if they’ve built pages with catalogs and other widgets that have their own search capability within the widget itself. I often find the global search to be more confusing than good based on how much it returns in the initial view, but that’s just my opinion. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @lrnlab I was searching for this on my phone and was unsuccessful :(