Question

Searching for Sessions - Sessions as a search result

• 7 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We recently came across a use case where a single course will have hundreds (perhaps thousands) of sessions in different locations. Today, you can use ILT Additional Fields to add search criteria in a catalogue however the search results are limited to the course only. Therefore a user is not able to look for a session in specific location or by title, etc.. When they do find the course, the sessions are just listed as a long list of dates and is not searchable other than using Ctrl + F to find text on page (that implies that what the user is searching for is visible on the page somewhere; which may not always be the case when there are hundreds of sessions.

Wondering if anyone has found a way to display sessions as a search result?

We’d also like to see an option to search for the session by specific criteria that would be input as session additional fields.

If anyone has been able to do this, I would be very interested in knowing how.

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

linked to the idea I posted earlier if anyone wants to vote on it:

@natemadel @erin.brisson any idea if the ability to effectively search Sessions (as described in the use case above) is some where in the future of Docebo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

adding @riccardogalimberti after I found you on another ILT post.

Hoping you can provide your feedback on our use case above. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Let’s call in all the forces! Adding @HawleyKane as well in case she as any additional insight!