Best Answer

Self-enrolment on ILT session

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone

I have set up an ILT with 4 sessions, each session containing one event.  Each session has been set up with a maximum of 20 enrolments.

As the Super admin I have enrolled a number of users (not exceeding the 20 max) onto specific sessions. 

I have now enrolled some more users (still not exceeding the 20 max) on the ILT course so that they can select for themselves the session they wish to enroll on.  Each user received the notification email, and when they click on the link within the email they are presented with the list of available sessions.  However, some of the users have been able to successfully enroll on the session of their choice whilst others have received this message telling them that “The count of users exceed limit of remaining availability” (this message appears for all the sessions):

The enrollment limit for each session is nowhere near exceeded.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 25 June 2023, 18:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

are the course properties set for self-enrollment?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@steveninfinger Yes, and that’s the mystery. I enrolled everyone on the same course in one transaction but only some are being prevented from enrolling on a specific session.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you think the issue is a single session, I wonder if there was some system weirdness when that one was being created, and recreating it again would allow people to enroll. That’s not a  great answer, but we’ve seen that be the solution to a few different issues that we couldn’t explain otherwise. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@steveninfinger It doesn’t just related to a single session. There are 4 available sessions and the same issue applies to all of them.
I enrolled the users on to the course so that they could then enroll themselves onto whichever session they choose.  However, some people were able to do that without any problem and others received the message that each session they tried was full, even though they’re not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do you happen to have the waitlist set up and/or the Maximum enrollment quota turned on (Course Properties > Catalog Options)?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, I have set the maximum quota as 20 for each session and we’ve no where near reached that for any of the sessions.  Waiting List is not switched on as I know we have more than enough spaces in each session.

When the Waiting List function is switched on and the quota has been reached the message tells the user that there are no spaces and they are on a waiting list.  The message we are currently experiencing is just saying the quota has been exceeded but this is not the case.

Two more users have tried accessing it this morning.  One was successful and one received the message stating “the count of users exceed limit of remaining availability”.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@steveninfinger I now have a theory about this:

Everyone who has been successful has a Superadmin status.
Everyone who has not been successful has either a User status or a Poweruser status.

If this is the case it means that anyone who is not a Superadmin will never be able to select a session.  Therefore, if I need our entire workforce to attend an ILT course scheduling them would need to be done manually by me 😯

Userlevel 2
Badge

@gigi galgoczi 
Hi
Are you able to help with this at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@steveninfinger I now have a theory about this:

Everyone who has been successful has a Superadmin status.
Everyone who has not been successful has either a User status or a Poweruser status.

If this is the case it means that anyone who is not a Superadmin will never be able to select a session.  Therefore, if I need our entire workforce to attend an ILT course scheduling them would need to be done manually by me 😯

That is interesting, do you have a test account in other roles to try and prove it out? If that is true, seems like a settings issue though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I agree with @Bfarkas.

We had user, power users, and super admin, and all of our courses are set for self-enrollment by users, so it seems like a setting it off somewhere.