Shifting a team from one direct manager to another

• 24 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Howdy, 

Is there a quick and easy way to shift a team from one manager to another?

For example, direct manager Jane Johnson took a voluntary demotion, and Sue Smith is the team’s new DM. 

I’d like to just swap SS for JJ as the DM, instead of rebuilding the team under SS’s user record in the UI. I’m lazy like that.

Any thoughts?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Bill hey - to your note - nothing via the UI - but uploading a CSV I believe helps there a shift quickly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi. I would export your user data, make changes and then do an import. Automating this is another option perhaps with other tools...but for a one off like this, export, then import would be how I would do it. Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

or you can find your users on the user mgmt page using their current manager...select them all, the use the Choose Action button to EDIT. On the edit screen you can change the manager name.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

This task sounds like a good candidate for an API approach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just curious….How often and how many teams are you doing this?

Also, what triggers it? Is it the manager changing or the grouping shifting?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have at least 200 hundred Docebo teams. Our human service agency offers that many programs. Direct mgrs turn over constantly. Team members do shift as well. 

We are working on a Workato integration between our HRIS and Workato. We are planning to automate the team update function by Labor Day. In the meantime, we are implemented a manual fix. I’d prefer to use the Docebo API, but have little experience . I do have a sandbox to play in, however. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We have at least 200 hundred Docebo teams. Our human service agency offers that many programs. Direct mgrs turn over constantly. Team members do shift as well. 

We are working on a Workato integration between our HRIS and Workato. We are planning to automate the team update function by Labor Day. In the meantime, we are implemented a manual fix. I’d prefer to use the Docebo API, but have little experience . I do have a sandbox to play in, however. 

Fun, sounds definitely like an api candidate, will browse when I get back to a computer and think through what I might do, can send over thoughts after.