Best Answer

Stop notification for Self Enrolment?

• 8 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is anyway we can stop the ‘You have been enrolled’ notification for courses in which you self enroll on. The email notification is just clutter - If you have enrolled yourself you don’t really need an email also letting you know what you have done. I would still like notifications though when when courses are assigned to users by either managers or superadmins (Courses they won’t know they are enrolled in). My only other options would just be to turn off this notification completely and rely on managers/power users/superusers to let users know they have been assigned in another way. 

Any help or any other ideas/workarounds will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by agreen3225 8 June 2023, 16:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello! Are the courses that are able to be self enrolled also course that might be assigned by a manager or power-user? 

My only idea I had was if they are two separate types of courses (one’s that are for self-enrollment and ones that are for manager or power user enrollment) you could take the time and set up the notification for be only for the “non-self-enrollment” courses. It will take a lot of time on the front end, but will run itself once it is done. 

However, if it is a mixed bag where it could be self-enrolled or Manager enrolled, I think adding an idea that there is a new event added to the notifications options of “Manager enrolled user into course” could be a good idea. If you add that idea add a link and I will upvote it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Sorry this isn't an answer to your question but the notification email when someone enrols can be very useful. The email that users from our system contains a calendar invite,  a direct link to the course and instructions on how to find the training materials, and links to policies e.g.. late cancelation fees.

I don think you can do what you want to do, but relying on managers is probably not the best option :)

I think the whole notification engine could benefit form having an increased number of parameters across all notification types.