Best Answer

Survey in Docebo

• 27 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi All,

I was wondering if Docebo had a survey tool / App that can be used to conduct survey apart from surveys connected to actual Events, sessions & courses?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 27 February 2023, 02:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As far as I am aware the closest to this without basically making a fake course as a survey is if you can use the learning impact module and use the send notifications that come with it, but it may not work for your situation, and obviously only applies if you pay for the module. Otherwise typically go with an external third party solve that is embedded in the platform. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly there isn’t

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sunaina We are currently using a course survey with a deep link, so after login to the platform the learner gets to the survey straight away. Seems to be working pretty well. AND I can now report on it directly 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Sunaina We are currently using a course survey with a deep link, so after login to the platform the learner gets to the survey straight away. Seems to be working pretty well. AND I can now report on it directly 😊

Nice! I assume you are using the enrollment deeplink so you don’t have to deal with users not enrolled? Do you have any issues with trying to use the same survey multiple times this way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice! I assume you are using the enrollment deeplink so you don’t have to deal with users not enrolled? Do you have any issues with trying to use the same survey multiple times this way?

We’re using the deeplink to make it seem “survey-ish” and not “course-ish”.  This is the first try, so I haven’t seen any issues with reuse. Our survey topics are really specific to the audience, so I doubt that there will be any reuse.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Just a thought - but you could use another survey tool and put it on the page(s) you are targeting and/or as training material perhaps. It would link outside of the system of course, but reporting might be better for you that way as well. 

For instance, Survey Monkey, upgraded plan, would let you use a survey and pass along parameters in the link you create. So, one survey, but used in multiple places (including courses) could help with your collection of data and reporting. This is an option we are thinking about.

Hope it helps….

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, it’s the way I typically recommend for now for courses too if you have a platform available. Shameless plug, but I outline how using the advanced embed technique can pass data between Docebo and the survey in this article that might be useful in this path: