Best Answer

Technical Issues with Teams/Zoom integrations

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Putting this out here to try to troubleshoot several issues we have had this past few days with our Teams/Zoom Integrations! 

Earlier this week our Teams integration (which has worked wonderfully for us the past two months) decided to quite working. Our Token is missing, we have tried to reconnect and Docebo Chat wasn’t able to fix either. I now have a ticket open but no resolution.  This has caused over 60 employees to have reschedule training sessions. To get by we had switched to our Zoom integration (when we could due to overlap), this worked for a few days. 

BUT, now all of a sudden today, Zoom is giving us trouble! We have our Zoom account set to automatically include the passcodes into the weblinks to ensure staff have to do as little as possible to get into our sessions. However, starting this morning, it’s not passing through our passcodes. Even when we manually give the passcode form the event to the staff member it won’t work! So now we have a bunch of sessions and NO CLUE how to figure out what passcode it’s asking for or where it’s pulling from because what Docebo is showing in our event and our Zoom account has listed are matching and don’t work. 

Has anyone experienced any of this!? We haven’t made any changes to our licenses or platform so we are at a complete loss as to why this is happening, and both being down at the same time is about to make me lose my mind!!

Thanks in advance FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE!!! I need a fix fast and waiting is not a strong characteristic of mine! :grin::tired_face::triumph:

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 10 May 2021, 15:23

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Stephanie Dreiling I’m sorry I cannot help but I am following this thread to know if you find a fix. We are just set up Zoom in our platform and plan to have our first session soon. GOOD LUCK!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Stephanie Dreiling I am sorry you’re still experiencing these issues with your Zoom integration. I was curious after seeing your post so I tested our Zoom integration in sandbox and also received an error. Is the image attached below similar to the error you’re getting?

Has there been any progress on your ticket? I followed up with support this evening to see if there are any known issues here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Stephanie Dreiling I am sorry you’re still experiencing these issues with your Zoom integration. I was curious after seeing your post so I tested our Zoom integration in sandbox and also received an error. Is the image attached below similar to the error you’re getting?

Has there been any progress on your ticket? I followed up with support this evening to see if there are any known issues here. 

Yes, this is what was happening for us. It occurred with both Teams and Zoom.  I am happy to report this issues is officially resolved itself.  I never really got an answer as to why it occurred or what we can do to ensure it doesn’t happen again, but at least we are able to continue with our sessions! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Stephanie Dreiling I wanted to close the loop on this one as I was able to solve this problem with Zoom in our sandbox. It seems we were having a similar issue and while I’m unsure whether or not the cause was the same for both of us, I figure it can’t hurt to share the steps I took to fix it! Hopefully it can help others who might run into a similar issue in the future.

Problem

When creating an Event in an ILT Session and using the Zoom V2 Meeting integration to add a Video Conference Tool, I received the following error message:

Error Message: Your changes have been saved successfully, but there was an error while syncing the video conference tool

How I Resolved:

1. Log into Zoom account
  2. Navigate to My Profile
  3. Navigate to Settings
  4. Under Meeting Security, find Require a passcode for Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
  5. Copy the Passcode
  6. In Docebo, Navigate to the Event you’re trying to create
  7. Under Event Properties General > Event Type, paste the passcode you copied from Zoom into the Password field
  8. Select Save Changes
Copy the Passcode from the My Profile section in Zoom
Paste the passcode in the Password field when creating an Event in Docebo

It seems to me that there is an issue caused by a Zoom account requiring a passcode for Personal Meetings and you have to be sure to add that password in Docebo in order to properly create the event. Following these steps solved the issue for me on multiple events I tested in our sandbox.

Steph, do you think this could’ve been the same issue you encountered?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the detailed answer @Adam Ballhaussen! I am happy to report our issue has stayed resolved and we haven’t had any further issues!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

May I ask what is the expected user experience for someone running a zoom session? I’ll explain.

I’m the course creator making an ILT webinar using Zoom for some trainers that will use it to deliver a session via the LMS to a bunch on students. As the course manager I create an ILT course, add a session for XYZ date and time, and make “Bob” the person to run the session. 

Should Bob just be able to go into the LMS on the given day, click on the session, START the zoom session and have control of it as the host? Why do I ask this?

I have not been able to have anyone other than myself as the Zoom account holder be able to use the LMS to begin and run a session on my behalf without having me host it. This is both before the upgrade to ILT and using the older legacy Webinar course type.

No matter what I set “Bob” to be (Instructor, tutor) in the session, Bob cannot start the session and needs to enter a passcode to “start the session” and using what was suggested in this discussion didn’t help either. Are we expecting Zoom to know that Bob is the host and has the right passcode to start the session passed through by the LMS via the integration to the Zoom API?

In my Zoom API I am the account holder, not Bob. Zoom does not know who Bob is. there is only one passcode for that session and no other other. There are lots of settings in Zoom, now almost none to configure on the new ILT web conferencing interface.

e.g. I used to be able to say to Bob you could go in 15 mins earlier to start the session, as I configured the session to allow Bob to enter 15 mins early. I cannot see those type settings anymore.

Am I missing something?

@jckemv following. We had the same issue with our Zoom integration. While it is expected to work as you’ve mentioned, we haven't replicated it successfully. We had over 1800 Zoom meetings and had to change the workflow a week before they were scheduled. The only way we could get it to work was to have instructors sign into Zoom and launch the meeting from Zoom. Learners were fine to launch their meetings from Docoebo, except watch out for pop-up blockers! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi everyone,

May I ask what is the expected user experience for someone running a zoom session? I’ll explain.

I’m the course creator making an ILT webinar using Zoom for some trainers that will use it to deliver a session via the LMS to a bunch on students. As the course manager I create an ILT course, add a session for XYZ date and time, and make “Bob” the person to run the session. 

Should Bob just be able to go into the LMS on the given day, click on the session, START the zoom session and have control of it as the host? Why do I ask this?

I have not been able to have anyone other than myself as the Zoom account holder be able to use the LMS to begin and run a session on my behalf without having me host it. This is both before the upgrade to ILT and using the older legacy Webinar course type.

No matter what I set “Bob” to be (Instructor, tutor) in the session, Bob cannot start the session and needs to enter a passcode to “start the session” and using what was suggested in this discussion didn’t help either. Are we expecting Zoom to know that Bob is the host and has the right passcode to start the session passed through by the LMS via the integration to the Zoom API?

In my Zoom API I am the account holder, not Bob. Zoom does not know who Bob is. there is only one passcode for that session and no other other. There are lots of settings in Zoom, now almost none to configure on the new ILT web conferencing interface.

e.g. I used to be able to say to Bob you could go in 15 mins earlier to start the session, as I configured the session to allow Bob to enter 15 mins early. I cannot see those type settings anymore.

Am I missing something?

Unfortunately, @jckemv you aren’t missing anything, it seems to be how it works. For the best success we had to create a new Zoom Account that could be shared. We have the instructors log in ahead of time and start the event to prevent us from having access issues. If your company isn’t able to share the log in or set-up several in the platform, I’m sure that will be quite a hassle for you!

Userlevel 2

The default behavior we are seeing is that the first person in is made the host. 

Badge

@Stephanie Dreiling and anyone else who is using the MS Teams integration. 

The only option I have been able to use to successfully set up as a webinar training is the “MS Teams Event” type. As Teams users know, Event are aimed at large group, heavily produced sessions versus “MS Teams Meeting” type event which are actually more like a Zoom meeting, great for small group discussion based learning.

Has anyone been able to get the MS Teams Meeting type to work in the Docebo integration? I can successfully pair the account, but I get an error message when I try to use it in a webinar.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I have the exact same issue with Webex.  I can get the Training type event to take the password but the Meeting type event will not.  I have a support ticket in, but I am in desperate need of a solution as I have several sessions coming up that the instructors prefer a meeting configuration and I cannot accommodate them at this time.

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue with Webex?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all, I had a problem with the integration Zoom and MS Team with Docebo platform but found a work around by using Custom Tool option. I set up a lot of cross departmental training session (something like Coach & Share but in ILT form) so have different speakers every time.

As a solution I ask speakers to generate Zoom / MS Teams join link and use the below setting when setting up the Event. Thanks of that I don’t have to have zoom / ms teams integration 

Hope this will help someone :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stephanie Dreiling and anyone else who is using the MS Teams integration. 

The only option I have been able to use to successfully set up as a webinar training is the “MS Teams Event” type. As Teams users know, Event are aimed at large group, heavily produced sessions versus “MS Teams Meeting” type event which are actually more like a Zoom meeting, great for small group discussion based learning.

Has anyone been able to get the MS Teams Meeting type to work in the Docebo integration? I can successfully pair the account, but I get an error message when I try to use it in a webinar.

Yes, we use Teams Meeting for all our events. While the suggestion to use Custom does work, and I have used that creatively for a few other things as well, I like getting the Teams Meeting to work. I don’t have time at the moment to go through our configs to see if I can find you anything to help but I am happy to do so! If you want to send me a Private Message as a reminder I will try to look at that early next week for you! And yes @Adam Ballhaussen if we talk privately I promise to come back to this post and any solutions we find! ;) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We are struggling to get MS Teams Meetings to work with our business model. It’s beginning to look like the MS Teams Meeting design is not conducive to an LMS integration with central account management of the meetings. The organizer of every meeting is the user account which set up and paired the MS Teams app. 

Our instructors are not administrators and are limited in their responsibilities to conducting training, evaluating assessments and exams, and confirming attendance.

We do not want to use the custom tool, which really defeats the purpose of having an integrated application, since Instructors will have to set up every event in their own teams account and transfer the information to the admin team.  This is problematic when the instructor changes for an event.

We need the admins to be able to:

• Set up the events and change instructors as needed
  • Download the event recordings
  • Download the attendance reports 
  • Manage breakout sessions

Is anyone else working in this business model or something similar?  If so have you found a workaround for some or all of these issues?

Thanks for any ideas you may have we have exhausted ours...

Hi, re synchronization errors when trying to save an ILT event with a video conference tool, for what it’s worth, we have experienced them when we made the following mistakes:

• Entered the wrong password for the video conference tool account
  • Entered a Start Date or Start Time in the past (times must be stated in military time in the specific format 09:00 = 9 a.m., 13:00 = 1 p.m.
  • Entered an event Name that is too long, even if it is less than 255 characters. The limit is less than 255 characters in spite of the labeling on the screen. 

We use Webex V2 meeting accounts.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi everyone,

We are experiencing the same issue with one of our our WebEx V2 accounts.  The middle of last week, it was working and then all of a sudden it stopped synchronizing when creating new events.

Has anyone found a way to fix this?  

Strangely enough, we have 2 other WebEx V2 accounts that are working great.  I’ve compared every setting in the WebEx Admin menu and I don’t see any variations.  

At the moment, our work-around is to use the custom event field that @ckujawski recommended earlier in this thread but based on the number of events we hold each month, I sure would :heart_eyes: if this was working.  

Thank you,

Hi @designessa I had a similar problem a month or so ago using WebEx V2. We have 4 WebEx meeting accounts integrated with Docebo. The fix was surprising. In the New Event panel, the Name (Required) field contains 0/255 under it, indicating that the name can be up to 255 characters. Our Event Names were very long but still less than 255 characters. I noticed that our Events that did not produce the error had much shorter names. When I shortened the names of the events I couldn’t save, it resolved the synchronization errors. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @CJBailey!  

Sadly, your trick did not work for me. If I figure it out with support, I will follow up with more details.

Userlevel 4

@jmkachidurian What you are experiencing seems to be the norm for Docebo on this….people designated as the instructors who are supposed to launch the event are logged in under the admin account that is used to create the pairing between Docebo and the video conferencing tool.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi folks, I’m wondering if the Zoom host issue is now resolved?

I’ve run a few ILT webinars where “Instructors” have joined before I started the meeting (as the Zoom account owner and superadmin that created the sessions) and it worked!

The first instructor that joined was given host privileges and when I joined a few mins later I was co-host.

This is potentially exciting and I was going to do a few test runs to try it out. 

Has anyone else noticed this in the last week or so?

Adam,

I tried using your recommended procedure to fix the Zoom issue that I am having and it did not work.

Can you tell me have their been any updates to this procedure you outlines.

Thanks,

Lynn