Best Answer

Test result always shows "Failed" with 5% right, even if passed

• 13 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

All people taking any of the Tests we created in Docebo are seeing that they failed with a 5% score, no matter what score they actually got or if they passed.

Here is an example where I got 100% on a test I created to demonstrate:

This also shows on the top of the “See Your Answers” screen, even though you can scroll down and see (in this case) that all of the answers are correct:

However - not only does it report correctly as getting 100% correct in Reporting, New Reports, etc., the initial pop-up after completing shows the correct score:

And when selecting “Retake Test” it also shows the correct score:
​​​​​

We are newly using Docebo, and up to this point this has not happened - my tests showed the wheel accurately, and a class who used them did not see problems. This just started around 2 days ago. No matter who attempts any test they see this result.

I am seeing this for Tests in courses from different catalogues and whether or not it’s in the Central Repository. I’ve attempted it and gotten it now too every time. I tried resetting my test results to attempt again but got the same thing. We’ve certainly been making some updates to things like settings and Learning Plans but I can’t imagine there’s a setting that does this. Anyone have any idea what’s going on here?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 13 July 2023, 19:21

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

certainly seems like some kind of bug

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@lrnlab Thank you for your reply! Yeah, I put in a Support Ticket a bit ago. They said there’s a known issue if I’m reading the reply right, but there’s no projected resolution date yet. I appreciate the reply regardless! Just making this comment in case anyone else is reading - please submit this to Docebo Support as they’re adding examples to this ticket!

Hi! We’re experiencing the same issue! I submitted a ticket but haven’t heard back either but I’m glad to hear we’re not the only ones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Same here.

I notice that older quizzes work just fine but I just released a new course last week. This one is having the issues.

Although - I managed to get 6%

I noticed when I went into the user report that the score was accurately portrayed as it should have been based on how I put answers in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I did another test - this time I got 2 correct out of 8 instead of 6 correct out of 8.

I got a 2% where I would have expected 25%

Both times - my percentage matched the raw number correct.

@sara.cramer - did you have 5 questions for your 5% when you got them all correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For my next test - I went back to the old layout.

Test works as expected by calculating the percentage correctly.

I did 4 correct of 8 this time.

It seems to be an issue with the new layout.

So let me go back to my previous statement about releasing a new course…

I don’t think it has anything to do with the age of the course but whether or not you are using the new player.

I was in preview mode - my users are not.

That is why I have not heard any complaints on this yet.

For my next test - I went back to the old layout.

Test works as expected by calculating the percentage correctly.

I did 4 correct of 8 this time.

It seems to be an issue with the new layout.

So let me go back to my previous statement about releasing a new course…

I don’t think it has anything to do with the age of the course but whether or not you are using the new player.

I was in preview mode - my users are not.

That is why I have not heard any complaints on this yet.

Everything you have said here on this post makes sense to me at least. We made the decision to turn on the new look for our platform and have been seeing these errors more recently.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@gstager That is correct!

Tech Team reached out to me and advised, Aug 9, 2023 is the estimated fix date as of this post.

I got some workaround information from the Tech Team:
Tests that show final score based on points don’t have the issue. Only percentages have this issue.

Unfortunately, you cannot change whether it’s presented using percentage or points after it’s been attempted by someone. We cannot duplicate tests, but if you duplicate a course and keep all training materials present, they said that could work - then mark the test as seeing results via points.

Instead of that, I’ve made visual changes using Localization and CSS to obscure the incorrect, alarming result of failure. It literally just removes the mention of the scores so we’ve instructed our trainers to pay attention to the initial pop-up of successful submission, and the pop-up when selecting “Retake Test”, to have trainees see the correct answer.

Using the Localization tool, I changed the phrase “You have failed the test” to “Thank you for completing the test!”. I added the following code to the Configure Branding and Look > Customize Styles area:

/*Remove Test Score visual (temporary measure)*/
.ui-col-24.dcb-te-player-quiz-results-illustration-and-chart-container {
visibility: hidden;
}
/*Remove Bar Showing Test Scores in View Answers (temporary measure)*/
dcb-te-quiz-status .dcb-te-quiz-wrapper, dcb-te-questionnaire-status .dcb-te-quiz-wrapper, dcb-te-quiz-outcome .dcb-te-quiz-wrapper {
visibility: hidden;
}

Above code is based on guidance found in this post.

Old view:

New view with code + localization tool:

In addition, the “See Your Answers” button now shows no bar at the top with score, failure status, or time taken to complete, but still shows the individual question results which is accurate.

Hope this helps someone!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@sara.cramer thank you for your response with the localization details.  it’s incredibly helpful, but also very disappointing that this bug fix is still weeks away!