Best Answer

Text in Outlook calendar invites

• 7 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Does anyone know how I can configure the text in an Outlook calendar notification that is integrated through Docebo Connect? Right now, it only pulls the date and time of my ILT but there is no text. I’d love to be able to meet Zoom meeting details in it or other useful information. Has anybody else encountered this and have a solution?

TIA

icon

Best answer by rani.alsous 17 October 2023, 15:17

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Did you get guidance when you implemented Docebo Connect? It’s a rather complicated set-up not sure it can automatically pull in your Zoom links. You might want to reach to your AM for assistance 

Userlevel 2

@gadwaled by modifying Connect’s recipes, you should be able to include the course name/link, but not the direct link to the Zoom session, as this will overpass docebo and prevent us from keeping track of that activity.
Familiarize yourself with the recipes of Connect by taking a free course on the University, or as @lrnlab mentioned, you may contact your AM for a Professional Service quotation.

We're just getting started on the Docebo Outlook integration and I've made significant progress in building the logic flow for different domains and URLs. However, I'm currently stuck on incorporating content within the Outlook meeting description.

I've utilized Workato message templates to format the message using simple text and HTML, but without success. Essentially, all I need is the capability to include the course and/or session link with a URL that I can customize based on the domain workflow logic. This would create one invitation for the internal employee calendar and a matching one for an external calendar. This way, we can send out two different sets of invitations and connection instructions (Internal SAML Link, External Standard Link).

We're just getting started on the Docebo Outlook integration and I've made significant progress in building the logic flow for different domains and URLs. However, I'm currently stuck on incorporating content within the Outlook meeting description.

I've utilized Workato message templates to format the message using simple text and HTML, but without success. Essentially, all I need is the capability to include the course and/or session link with a URL that I can customize based on the domain workflow logic. This would create one invitation for the internal employee calendar and a matching one for an external calendar. This way, we can send out two different sets of invitations and connection instructions (Internal SAML Link, External Standard Link).

Solved the problem with MULTIPLE iterations and tests; below is the fix.  The key was to set the filed to “test” and use a basic mark-up language syntax.

We are pleased to inform you that you have been successfully enrolled in our upcoming virtual live learning event [DataPill.Name.Step.15]. Please find the event details below for your reference:<br>
<br>
<ul>
<li>Date: [DataPill.Day.Step.15]</li>
<li>Start Time:[DataPill.Time.begin.Step.15]</li>
<li>Join-In-Advance:[DataPill.Join.in.advance.time.user.Step.15] minutes</li>
<li>End Time:[DataPill.Time.end.Step.15]</li>
<li>Timezone:[DataPill.Timezone.Step.15]</li>
</ul>
<br>
This interactive learning session will take place on the DC Institute Learning Management System (LMS). To participate, you will need to authenticate yourself on the <a href="https://orgname.okta.com">orgname Hub</a>. We highly recommend that you test your access to the OrgName using the course <a href="https://lms.OrgName.ca/lms/index.php?r=site/sso&sso_type=saml&id_course=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]"> link</a> provided below to ensure a seamless experience on the day of the event.<br>
<br>
<ul>
<li>Course Link: https://lms.OrgName.ca/lms/index.php?r=site/sso&sso_type=saml&id_course=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]</li>
<li>Session Link: https://lms.OrgName.ca/lms/index.php?r=site/sso&sso_type=saml&id_course=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]&session_id=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]</li>
</ul>
Should you have any questions or require further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us at <a href="mailto:info@orgname.ca">info@orgname.ca.</a><br>
<br>
Warm regards,<br>
<br>
The ORG NAME Team

Hell @wdesponts !
I’m trying to get similar setup developed into the Connector as you have but I’m running into some problems. 
Did you add that whole piece into the “Events description” field or how did you add this in your recepie?
Were you able get all your datapills working?

Hi @Olli-Pekka Haataja, great question … look like I need to elaborate a little bit more.  

First all my data pills are working, allow us to access the content needed.  

Next the message crafting bit is done in the following recipe - Create Update or Delete Outlook Calendar Event in multiple locations within:

• Create event in Outlook Calendar
  • Update event in Outlook Calendar

And as you noted in the “event description” box in the Text and not Function mode.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you put the zoom link in the session description and use the session description as your outlook event body, and if you get lucky, you may get what you want 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Solved the problem with MULTIPLE iterations and tests; below is the fix.  The key was to set the filed to “test” and use a basic mark-up language syntax.

We are pleased to inform you that you have been successfully enrolled in our upcoming virtual live learning event [DataPill.Name.Step.15]. Please find the event details below for your reference:<br>
<br>
<ul>
<li>Date: [DataPill.Day.Step.15]</li>
<li>Start Time:[DataPill.Time.begin.Step.15]</li>
<li>Join-In-Advance:[DataPill.Join.in.advance.time.user.Step.15] minutes</li>
<li>End Time:[DataPill.Time.end.Step.15]</li>
<li>Timezone:[DataPill.Timezone.Step.15]</li>
</ul>
<br>
This interactive learning session will take place on the DC Institute Learning Management System (LMS). To participate, you will need to authenticate yourself on the <a href="https://orgname.okta.com">orgname Hub</a>. We highly recommend that you test your access to the OrgName using the course <a href="https://lms.OrgName.ca/lms/index.php?r=site/sso&sso_type=saml&id_course=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]"> link</a> provided below to ensure a seamless experience on the day of the event.<br>
<br>
<ul>
<li>Course Link: https://lms.OrgName.ca/lms/index.php?r=site/sso&sso_type=saml&id_course=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]</li>
<li>Session Link: https://lms.OrgName.ca/lms/index.php?r=site/sso&sso_type=saml&id_course=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]&session_id=[DataPill.ID.Step.15]</li>
</ul>
Should you have any questions or require further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us at <a href="mailto:info@orgname.ca">info@orgname.ca.</a><br>
<br>
Warm regards,<br>
<br>
The ORG NAME Team

I tried really long descriptions with markup like this and it broke my recipes for whatever reason 

Thank you @wdesponts for clarifying the set up you have.

I noticed that I didn’t have the Function mode on an that was the reason why it did not pull through but now I’ve managed to get it working.

Thank you for the posting the “template”, it was nice to have some type of structure what to modify into our needs! 😊