Question

The closed captioning function does not work after enabling it

• 2 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Missing Closed Captioning 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Nikhil, thank you for bringing this to us! May I clarify, is this a question for the community or are you reporting an issue with your platform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We have closed captions enabled on our platform and they are working fine. I thought it might be an issue with the new course player, but the captions seem to be working fine in that player as well. I would check the file format is correct (vtt) and that all the settings are correct as shown in the following screenshot.

@elliott.vickrey , @Daniel  My apologies for the late response. We recently changed the preview mode of the new course page on the Docebo since then we cannot view the closed captioning. Yes, the format is .vtt. I would really appreciate any help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Nikhil Can you post a screenshot of the setting you changed for preview mode on the new course page?

Was there any resolution to this problem? I am experiencing the same issue. I can see the closed captions in the Central Repository training material preview, but I cannot see them in the course. 

Userlevel 3

In the new course player, you need to turn CC on.  Where in the old player, it defaulted to on if captions exist.  Try clicking on the CC button, and see if you can see your captions.  You now, in the course player, have to click on settings to choose another language.  Not ideal.