• 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there any way to create a report that pulls up the following:

• Time spent by user on a training material
  • Training Material Publish Date

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

No one answered the question. I would also like to know the answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I do not believe there is one report for this, as they are fundamentally different questions when you think about it. You can get the first from New Reports, Users - Training Materials:

There are some specifics you can add to this report related to the training material, like version that might be good enough for one report? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I agree with bfarkas that you aren’t likely to get all of this information in one report, and the solution here for looking at user data on training material is likely going to be your best bet to pull some of the data on the user time spent on the material, but I’m not sure that any of the reports actually have a full breakdown of the time a user has spent exactly in each training material.  I see attempt dates, but not full times, and even on the course reports the data is for the session time across all the materials associated with those courses.  Keep in mind the time spent in courses isn’t always the most accurate either.  Sometimes it will say someone spent 8 hours in a course, but they just opened it, left it open in a tab for 8 hours, and then closed it again without making any progress.

For training material publish date, the best way to get this is from the Course Management area, if you select the courses you want information on → Choose Action → Export Courses Data → CSV with comma separator and include column names in first row → Select both the Course Details wanted and the Training Material Data option.

It at least will give you a creation date for the Training Materials (likely the original creation date) and includes training material from both the CLOR and directly within a course.