Skip to main content
Best Answer

Time Zone in Notification: GMT -4

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello Wise Community,

I’m curious if there is any way to make time zones in notifications in their local zone or change verbiage to say EST. I tried with the Localization Tool, but no luck. The GMT -4 is confusing our users. 

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Oh Catherine! I wish. I have logged a support ticket in the past about this very thing and the answer is no.  System behavior.  What we did was put a little blurb in their notification that semi-helps.  It is very confusing and I get emails constantly about it.

Here’s what we use -

• 7/24/2024 10:00:00 am - 7/24/2024 12:00:00 pm
    (Your time GMT -04:00 America/New_York)
    Video conference

You can disregard the GMT information; your class time is indicated after the date.

I have also have been asked to remove the “video conference” reference but we cannot do that either.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you, @monica.cheek! I appreciate your insights and am glad I’m not alone with this issue. I like your work-around in the notification wording! I’m curious if we can change it in the coding itself? Thanks so much!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Catherine, I’ve tried changing the coding and it doesn’t work.  It’s all about the tags and what Docebo gives us for the coding.  Thus this is the reason why we changed our wording.  It does help but I still get emails about confusion. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@monica.cheek thank you so much! I’m glad I didn’t spend time trying to code this. I super appreciate all your help.