Best Answer

Timing on Learning Plans

• 3 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m looking to have a minimum time between courses in a leaning plan. To be specific, the learning plan has two courses. I want the learner to be in the first course for at least 7 days before they move to the second course. I see I can set maximum time rules, but is there a way to set minimum time rules? I.e., the learner must be in the intro course for at least 7 days before moving to the second course. These are e-learning courses. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 4 January 2024, 16:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Maybe this is what you need to enable in the LP?

Userlevel 2

Thank you @lrnlab, that is helpful. But what I’m looking for is not to delay access until 7 days after finishing the intro course (course 1), but until 7 days after starting/being enrolled in the intro course. The issue we’re having is people who are supposed to take 1 week in the intro course quickly skipping to the second course after reading all the materials in the intro (even if it has only been 2-3 days). Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sorry, isn't that the same? If course 2 has course 1 as a pre-req and once I complete course 1, I can only access course 2 after the number of days you specify...am I getting that wrong?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I guess it depends on whether you can count on folks completing the course on Day 1, @lrnlab. But if they have one week to do the first course, some folks might do it on Day 1 and some might do it on Day 5. If you want them both to have the second course unlocked on Day 8, you need a rule based on the date of enrollment rather than the date of completion.

Userlevel 2

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean @Ian. Is there any such rule based on date of enrollment that I can apply?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Unfortunately there are no automatic rules that will assign a course based on the enrolment date + 7 days. You can create a group based on a user’s enrolment into a course but if you plan to automate the assignment of course #2, the enrolment rules do not support a “delayed” enrolment or have a date range to say something like, “enrolled 7 days ago”. You could use the group to manually assign users if that’s an option for you.

Pretty sure there are some ideas already posted on this topic you can vote on.

Userlevel 2

Thank you @lrnlab :)