Tracking Training Materials Granularly

• 1 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Hello! 

I may not have searched correctly for what I’m looking for, so my apologies in advance if this has been asked previously! 

We are a new customer to Docebo. In our previous LMS, we had the ability to granularly report on what we call “roadmaps”. These are typically internal new hire trainings that are built month-to-month where each month they must complete XYZ topics. 

We typically build these out in their entirety in one course in our previous LMS. So, for example, a 6 month roadmap would be built under a New Hire Training Roadmap where Month 1, they may have a link they need to click on, a test to take, and an Observation Checklist assigned for management approval. Once approval is granted, they then have access to Month 2 and so on, but the entire roadmap is assigned to them at once. They’re designed for the user to take sequentially. 

In these trainings, we could set due dates for 30 days for month 1, 60 for month 2, and so forth. 

The issue we’re coming across is how exactly to do this in Docebo. We know that in a Course, the due dates (validity period/soft deadline), is for the entire course, and that there isn’t a way to set a due date on a single training material.

Initially our solution was going to be to have our admins create a course for each month, then assign it out via a Learning Plan. We were informed that the users, while enrolled into the LP, aren’t necessarily enrolled into each course until they’ve completed the course before it if we have it sequentially set. So, our due dates wouldn’t reflect accurately. 

What we’re looking for is a way to accurately report if someone is past due on the entire roadmap. So, if  their roadmap in its entirety is 6 months long, they have 180 days to complete the entire thing. However, we want to know if they’re past due on Month 1, Month 2, etc…, based on their original enrollment into the entire Roadmap. I’m happy to provide a better example if this is too vague.

Is there a way to do this without assigning each month as an individual course all together? This reporting is important to our admins and management teams, so we’re hoping to find a solution before we go live, but we’re stumped! 

Thank you for any advice!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!