Question

Training Matrix and/or Learning Plans

• 9 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi.  New(ish) customer to the platform here.  Has anyone found a way of inserting a training matrix in to the LMS.  The only work around I can see is creating Learning Plans for role-specific training however our training requirements include both eLearning and external training (from 3rd parties).  Any help greatly received.  Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Why doesn’t the learning plan for the mix of courses work? Are the third party ones also elearning? Have had this before and basically made a scorm file that redirects the user out to the third party which lets some information be past to them too, or am I missing something here?

Thank you.  The 3rd party training isn’t eLearning.  For example, it would be First Aid training delivered by St Johns Ambulance and booked by a central team at our company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Justine, great question! I like your idea for creating learning plans for role-specific training. Depending on your goals, you could leverage different learning plans and make them visible to your learners via automatic groups depending on user additional field information for each user. For example, you could create a set of user additional fields that each correlate to a different role or qualification, create groups based on those fields, and then leverage those groups for different visibility & automation rules.

Another option might be to leverage Skills, which would allow you to tag both courses and assets with specific skills that your learners could select. The new learner and manager skills dashboards allow users to view their levels of competence in each skill they’ve selected via the Skills Dashboard, which helps create a sort of training matrix as you mentioned in your post (see images below).

Coming soon in the August 2022 release, you’ll also have the ability to create custom skills to ensure you’re tracking the right competencies and assigning the appropriate content for your learners. The benefit of this approach is that you could easily tag internal content (courses) as well as external content (Asset links via Discover, Coach, and Share)

If you’re unfamiliar with Skills, check out the Managing Docebo Skills course in Docebo University.\

I hope this helps!

The Level of Competence diagram is visible in both manager and learner dashboards for Skills 
​​
The learner and manager Skills dashboards also support a list view of all skills selected by a learner

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you.  The 3rd party training isn’t eLearning.  For example, it would be First Aid training delivered by St Johns Ambulance and booked by a central team at our company.

Ah, even easier then. So these should be iLT type of classroom courses right? In person trainings essentially? That way there is a course item in the plan for it and let’s folks sign up for sessions. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Justine.

This may not align with the specifics of your 3rd party training, but you could create a Instructor-Led Training course and use the scheduled instance of that training as a session. I've experimented with using a combo of Attendance Based completion with a Video Conference Tool event type, and I was able to link a Zoom meeting as the course's session. When my test user launched the meeting from the course shell/details page, the LMS marked the event as attended. I haven't experimented with using a classroom session however. 

The KB has some info about creating session events here: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124099-Creating-and-Managing-ILT-and-VILT-Sessions