Skip to main content
Best Answer

unable to edit existing notification email

• 13 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I was wondering if anyone else has run into an issue I have encountered. I am trying to edit existing notifications to apply a branded template that I created and tested this morning. I created a new notification to test the template and when I go in to update it all of the text in the subject and description is missing.

If I try to edit any existing notifications I am seeing the same thing. I have tried Chrome, Edge, and Safari on both a MacBook and Windows 10 machine with the same results.  The subject line is disabled so I cannot put anything there, and everything that was previously in the description is missing.

I can create new notifications without a problem. The issue appears after I save it for the first time and come back to make any changes.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You have to select the language for the body of the notification to appear. 

Click the dropdown that says “Select Languages to Assign”. This is how you can use the same notification for multiple languages. You just change the text for each language. If you want the same notification for all languages leave the other languages blank.

Well that was easy.  Not sure how I missed that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If it makes you feel any better I have done the same thing. Moment of panic before I recognized my error. 🙄

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

If it makes you feel any better I have done the same thing. Moment of panic before I recognized my error. 🙄

I learned the hard way a while back on that too.  I was like duh!🙄