Best Answer

Unable to upload MP4 file to courses

• 22 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi guys,

I have a set of recordings in mp4 files I would like to upload to Docebo and I keep getting the error:

This video has been created with a codec that is not supported.

Based upon this document and comparing my file codec information from the SS below I am using H264 for video and ACC for audio.

Do you have an idea what is bothering Docebo?

Cheers,

George

icon

Best answer by GeorgeK 22 October 2022, 17:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I found the problem.   The mp4 files I used have a profile set to high when it should be set to baseline.  I had to change it.   Now the files are being uploaded.

Userlevel 1

Hi GeorgeK 

I am a newbie to Docebo and while uploading the mp4 files i am getting the same error. 

I see you have found out the solution, can you help with what you did to resolve this error? 

Ami

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Of course I can share my solution but it may seem overly complex if you are not using Linux (Ubuntu specifically).  I bet there are other ways to accomplish the same task through a UI; I don’t know of any in all honesty out of the top of my head.

This is the command I execute in order to change in bulk the format of all my MP4 files.   The CLI I use is FFmpeg which seems to be also available for both Windows and MacOS

for f in `ls -1 ./folder`; do ffmpeg -i ./folder/$f -acodec copy -profile:v baseline -pix_fmt yuv420p $f; done

For a single file the following command works:

ffmpeg -i ./folder/file.mp4 -acodec copy -profile:v baseline -pix_fmt yuv420p file.mp4

The important argument is the -:profilev baseline

In case you are wondering the information on the acceptable MP4 specifications are found in this page.

Hope it helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the prompt response you were right his is too complex for me :D 

Will check with my IT team and also will go through the article you shared.. 

Hope i too find the solution

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Amikotak , you can try processing your videos in Hand Brake and see if they upload after they are processed.  I have run into that in the past and that seemed to make it work.