Question

Unenroll User from a course in their learning plan

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

It seems you are not allowed to unenroll a user from a course in their learning plan. Is there an alternative way to resolve if a particular user will not be required to take the course although most folks in the plan do need it?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You can mark the course as completed manually or if they completed another course that grates credit to the one in the LP, you can add an equivalency that will mark it completed. Keep in mind that the latter would apply to everyone who is in the same situation. No other way around now but in a few weeks, you’ll have the option to mark a course an “optional” in a LP so if only some users need to completed, the others who do not will still be able to complete the overall LP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@britinl Hello … yes, all courses in a learning plan will be required for anyone enrolled in the learning plan until the end of May. At the end of May they are releasing a new approach to Learning plans where courses within the plan can be marked as optional or mandatory.

If you have a sandbox, you can check out the new approach now.

Until then, perhaps a second LP is a better approach for those learners who aren’t required to take every course.

I like this optional idea! Thank you!

Reading these replies closer, my issue is when a learner or 2 do not need a course in the learning plan, while 97% of the users do need it.  So I cannot mark the “enrollment” of a user as optional, just the course can be marked as optional? Then the course would be optional for all users in the learning plan, versus just those specific users.