Usage Dashboard

• 28 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Wake up to a new dashboard. I guess if I was proactive I would have saw the release notes. But, I did not. I was like, cool, they must have made some improvements.

Well, after few minutes. I sent a flurry of emails to my Account Manager. 

Not going to clean this up, but here they are

1.  Appears I can no longer see the individual users (View Active Users) anymore. I can only see the total that logged in, i.e. 80. Before this change, I could click on a list of users to see who logged in. I used that daily to see who was logging in from our different customer base.

Please, Please do not tell me I now have to either download something or run a report?
I check it multiple times a day, whenever there is a change in number. If I have to wait on how you do reports, well, ugh!!

Please advise?

2. Also,

1. I cannot download the report. I get an error, regardless of the way I try. See screenshot.
  2. Why is it opening in a new tab?
  3. Why is it disassociated from my LMS? Why do I need to put in an email to access the data when I am already logged in.

3. And who thought using these words - anonymized or de-anonymized was a good idea?

ymized was a good idea?

paolo.gaioni 9 months ago

Thank you all for your feedback.

We've been monitoring feedback from all channels and have been hard at work to scope a number of improvements to the Usage Dashboard, which we've outlined in this post:

We encourage you to share any additional feedback and questions by replying to this new post.

We'll be closing this post for further comments in order to centralize feedback.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlubenskiTotally agree with you re: not getting to see the actual users.

...and I had the same denial of the download csv that you got. Maybe the functionality doesn’t start until tomorrow (given the way that they do reports)

Weird …

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I suppose it was too much to ask for documentation in the Knowledge Base? Usage Dashboard gives no results. 🤐

I got a “de-Anonymized report and whats the difference between is_docebo_content = True and False?

When the result is False you can see what the learner was looking at, but for True it says N/A . 

Help !!

Userlevel 3

It’s not good at all.  The User_Id is a mix of emails or first/last names, depending on information held against the user.  That means if someone has the same name, you won’t have a unique reference for them, unless you start combining it with their branch information. 

They used to show Username, which is unique.

Outside of how ridiculous it is to generate the report, the data is barely usable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I don’t see any added benefit with this new Dashboard.  Instead, it has taken away functionality and made it so much harder to see our active users.  Instead of seeing the current Active User count at the top of the screen at all times, you now have to click the link to see the number.  Then you have to go through a series of several clicks to get to where there’s even an option to view the Active User report, only to be faced with a confusing question about anonymized vs de-anonymized users and then an error if you tried to download it.

This report is very important to us… our management shows these stats each month to upper management to show where we stand on usage of the LMS and we need to be able to easily get this info, with information such as username and branch, so we can compare active internal users versus external users.

Userlevel 3

I don’t see any added benefit with this new Dashboard.  Instead, it has taken away functionality and made it so much harder to see our active users.  Instead of seeing the current Active User count at the top of the screen at all times, you now have to click the link to see the number.  Then you have to go through a series of several clicks to get to where there’s even an option to view the Active User report, only to be faced with a confusing question about anonymized vs de-anonymized users and then an error if you tried to download it.

This report is very important to us… our management shows these stats each month to upper management to show where we stand on usage of the LMS and we need to be able to easily get this info, with information such as username and branch, so we can compare active internal users versus external users.

We’re the same - I can’t use the report in the current format as we absolutely need it to contain the username. 

I don’t know why they didn’t just leave columns as they were before (or just improve them to remove the lazy issues it had  - e.g. where they left the forward slash from the username field, for us to all manually remove!).  They could have just added in any new columns of interest.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sums it up perfectly! No added benefit. At least you all can get a report. I am still getting an error when I click on either Krypotinize or de-kryptonize report!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Got an update from support, about not being able to download the new report. Here is the response”

“I wanted to inform you that the ETA for his issue is now 2023-07-26. I will give you further updates once I have any”

I got an “upgrade” that is more cumbersome (more steps) than before, but now I cannot use the new way for another month?

WOW!

Userlevel 3

Not a fan of the new dashboard either. I need to see usage by each of my extended enterprise domains and cannot without multiple clicks to drill in to get to a place where I can download a report - that won’t download so I can’t even tell if it will give me the data I need.  😣

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you all for your feedback.

We've been monitoring feedback from all channels and have been hard at work to scope a number of improvements to the Usage Dashboard, which we've outlined in this post:

We encourage you to share any additional feedback and questions by replying to this new post.

We'll be closing this post for further comments in order to centralize feedback.