"User completed or failed a test in a course" Only show last test in a course?

Userlevel 1

We have a course that has numerous formative tests that do not count for the final score. For this course we've set up a notification that is triggered by the event "User completed or failed a test in a course”. In the email that is sent we want to see the answers the learners have given and their score. For this end, we use the shortcode [test_result]. Now we receive notifications for a formative questions as well.

Is it possible to only receive an e-mail for the final (summative) test? If we use the event "Learner completed a course” to trigger the notification we can only use the shortcode [final_score], which doesn't show the answer the learner submitted.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I found that some short codes work on other templates although they are not explicitly listed in the available short codes for a specific template...maybe give it a try and see if it works?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately for the shortcode [test_result] this is not the case.

I'm afraid we'll have to  accept that we'll receive email-notifications for the formative test-questions as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately for the shortcode [test_result] this is not the case.

I'm afraid we'll have to  accept that we'll receive email-notifications for the formative test-questions as well.

was worth a try...sorry it didn't work.