Best Answer

Users on extended leave & validity periods

Userlevel 3

Hey everyone, on my end I’m getting an On Leave flag from our HRIS for extended leave and if it is true a person is removed from most of groups so they aren’t enrolled in new courses, don’t receive notifications about active courses, and are filtered out of our reporting. That has worked fairly well but it’s still a bit of an issue when we release a required course and they go on leave after we assigned it because the clock keeps ticking on their X days of validity.

My issue is that as soon as they come back they are flagged overdue since the course was not completed within the validity period/days. Is anyone taking steps to somehow pause active enrollments in incomplete courses? If so, what does that look like and has it worked well for you?

If you don’t currently handle those cases, has it been a non-issue for you? Are people completing them before they go on extended leave?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 6 March 2023, 15:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree this can be am issue...Docebo doesn't really understand the concept of someone begin on leave or away for a period of time in relation to their enrolments. Since enrolment rules do work in reverse everything just stays on the user’s plan and goes overdue as you mention above. This may need to be posted as an idea  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm, if you are already do all those removals when they go on leave, can you just also remove them from those courses too, if not completed? Then when they come off leave have some sort of enrollment process to add to all current required courses which starts new clocks for them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly this would all be manual work...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

sadly this would all be manual work...

Right, but the intro description sounds like there are some automations happening already, so should just be addons to it, if those existing ones are all manual, then yeah more manual steps

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For us it is manual process. When we receive word of someone on leave, we adjust the due dates of required training to about a month after their expected return date.

Userlevel 3

The automation in place right now is basic and relies on Group rules. I’m sure automation could be built for the unenrollment piece but I don’t think resetting the clock is a fair solution as it will give those who go on leave more time to complete a course than those who did not go on leave.

It sounds like I’m correct in my original assumption that there isn’t a workflow for this at a system level in Docebo.

I suppose if our HRIS has an expected return date we could add API calls to modify their validity days/period based on that. I’m really trying to avoid manual solutions since I’m one person and the manual modifications add up quickly.

I think for now my recommendation will be to ask managers to have their direct reports prioritize completing required training before they go on leave (assuming it is planned in advance and not unexpected).