Skip to main content

I’m searching for a way to give learners the ability to quickly download course resources to their phones.

My first thought was to use QR codes. Basically, I want folks who are completing a course on their laptops the ability to scan a QR code, which links to a file on Docebo, which lets them download it on to their phones.

I successfully achieved this by adding the file to the training material area and getting the URL which looks something like this: dcbstatic.com/files/e/c/domain/#####/#####/item/#####.pdf

However, that link expires after some time. 

Has anyone here done something like this before?

Hey, for clarity, what is the format of the materials you want to share with your users? This might change my answer.

For a similar use case, we used the course widget File Repository Area (KB article here). It’s a file repository where you can upload additional content that isn’t tracked like the training materials. Users can download it on their phone, but they need to have the Go.Learn Docebo app. I’m attaching screenshots of how that would look.

The other option would be to store the content outside of Docebo and insert the QR code in the training materials like you’re doing now. However, I understand this isn’t a clean solution, especially if you’re managing a large number of courses, constantly updating the content, or if many admins are involved in this task.