Skip to main content

Using skills management

• 15 July 2024
  • 0 replies

We are still fairly new and hadn’t yet implemented the Skills functionality. We were ready to try it, but are running into issues as it doesn’t function in the way we were led to believe and wanted to be able to leverage.

Use case goal: A manager (poweruser) thinks “I really want Jane Doe to improve her skills related to all things warehouse. I wonder what courses she should take?” 

What we thought: We thought we could have a button on a page for “Search for courses based on Role or Skill” and have it link to a channel we had setup a channel based on the Warehouse skillset. The manager could then view all the courses associated with that skillset.

The problem: The manager (poweruser) can only see the skills associated with them, so if skills in the Warehouse skill set aren’t assigned to them, they won’t see any courses in the “Warehouse” channel.

Possible workarounds that come to mind for me:

1. Assign all skills to managers so they will see all courses on the channels.
  2. Enable skill management for users and have the managers “log in as user” for each employee.
  3. Create additional catalogs we manage as SuperAdmins based on roles and skills, such as Warehouse, but not using the Docebo Skills functionality. Effectively manufacturing the functionality that we thought existed. 
  4. Save search results catalog view for each of the key words, though since Skills aren’t searchable in the global search, it would be more like using tags.

Keep in mind, the idea is that this is an easy thing for our managers to view. Using API’s or reports isn’t a feasible answer to this need.

Has anyone tried any of these solutions or come up with something else?

Thanks,

Ariel

0 replies

Be the first to reply!