Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm building a custom QA page for our HR team.

Our HR team often gets asked the same questions, which results in many duplicate tickets. The goal is to use the QA widget as the first line of support, where employees can ask questions and get answers directly on Docebo. Once a question is asked, other employees can then search for the answers instead of emailing HR.

To achieve this, I set up the following:

• An HR Channel
  • An HR Support User (i.e., the channel expert)
  • A custom page:
    • HTML Widget (includes some instructions)
    • QA Widget (filtered to only show the HR Channel)

It looks good, but I've run into a problem with the QA widget. We want to encourage users to search for their questions first, but the widget doesn't handle search queries as well as the global search.

Consider the widget's search results for the question "How do I enroll in the stock sharing program?"

Search query > result:

• "How do I enroll in the stock sharing program?" > Success
  • "How do I enroll in the company stock sharing program?" > Fail
  • "How do I join in the stock sharing program?" > Fail
  • "stock sharing program" > Success
  • "stock share program" > Fail

The search only returns exact matches. In the Google era, I don't expect many users to have much patience with this. After 1 or 2 failed searches they’ll be asking repeat questions or emailing HR directly. And, we’re back to square one.

Is anyone else using QA to this effect? Is there any way to change the behaviour of the widget search?

Perhaps this needs to be a feature request.

I tried a similar idea and ran into a similar wall and ended up abandoning and creating essentially a custom webpage that was taggable and searchable using list.js and then embedded in the custom page. Would love to see if anyone came up with a better solve for this using native tools. 

I’d say this is a good point to bring up to support...perhaps there is something Docebo can improve?

Darn, so close but so far. I was hoping someone may have come up with a native solution, but it doesn’t sound like it. I submitted a request to support. I’ll let you know what they say. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t get far with support. They suggested I create a post on the idea portal.

Here’s the link to upvote: