Best Answer

Validity periods & Completion access

• 24 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Learning Plan with 4 courses that I want to provide a 14-day window from the day of enrollment to be completed. I implemented the days of validity option on the Learning Plan with a notification to signal when it’s about to expire. I think this works great for making sure folks do the training within a certain amount of time.

My problem comes in for folks that do complete the Learning Plan. When the validity period is over, even if they completed the training, they can no longer access the material. It will show expired.

How can I keep the time frame for them to be able to complete the training, but still give them access to the content after they’ve completed it?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 24 May 2023, 21:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly there is no ‘soft deadline’ option on LPs..

Maybe try the setting that calculates the days of validity from the moment they access a course rather than from the enrolment date? that could add a few days depending on when they start but your deadlines will not be consistent for all enrolees 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

perhaps if the same courses are also in catalogues, and your content is added via the content repository, they can access the courses that way after completion? using the CR will mark that content as completed wherever it’s used...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

perhaps if the same courses are also in catalogues, and your content is added via the content repository, they can access the courses that way after completion? using the CR will mark that content as completed wherever it’s used...

that’s a creative approach….I like it!