Best Answer

Video will not play??

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone! I am adding a video using the following code that I found here in a post (I entered the location of our video where the “#” is):

<video width="960" height="540" controls="autoplay muted"><source src="#" type="video/mp4">
Your browser does not support the video tag.
</source></video>

My problem is the video box will display, it will not play though? Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by KMallette 14 November 2023, 20:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello, @dhorne  Where is your content hosted? You can look at that site for an embed code.

Also, instead of this: <source src="#" type="video/mp4"> , try this: <src="#" type="video/mp4">

Hi @KMallette the video is saved on my desktop. We recorded it recently at a company retreat and we want to post it for those that could not attend to see. 

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried to new entry and the same thing happens….ugh. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi, @dhorne You need to post the video to a video service, like YouTube or Vimeo. Learn doesn’t know how to “read” your hard drive.

OR you have to upload it as an .mp4 training material. In that case, it would be a course that you can share, and you wouldn’t need the embed code.