View Manager Name

• 28 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone,

Is there any way for a user to access information about their manager, such as the manager's name, in the Docebo platform? Currently, it appears that only the manager has visibility of their team members. However, I am interested in finding out if team members have any access, even if limited, to at least view the name of their manager.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

You could create an additional field visible to learners that is populated with the manager name - It could be populated manually, by import or by the learners themselves?

I guess the challenge there is keeping it up to date if you have large numbers and frequent manager changes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If you do have the frequent changes, you could set up an API to keep it up to date for you.

Userlevel 2

How do you set up an API and how does it work? I’m new to this. Thanks! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Bfarkas is an expert in API’s I am tagging him here so he does not miss, but I know he has published a lot of how to’s on it. They are here in his posts

https://community.docebo.com/search/activity/topics?userid=1028

Userlevel 4
Badge

Afternoon @Nabihah , just cycling back to this. Do you use groups at all as that field is visible in the Learner My Activities page; so it might work to have the manager name or code as part of the group name?