VILT and e-Learning

• 10 January 2024
  • 1 reply

To be considered “certified” our learners must complete two VILT’s, multiple e-Learning modules, and an assessment. They will have additional e-Learning modules in their learning plan that are not attached to the initial certification but must be completed within 60 days. Once all modules have been completed, they will receive a learning plan certificate of completion.  

What is the best way to build this out?

I tried a true learning plan but had issues with adding two certifications (one to be certified, and the other for completing the learning plan). I tried a course, but I couldn’t figure out how to make both VILT’s a requirement for the certification. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Not sure if I understand everything correctly, but technically it should be possible to attach a certificate/certification to a course and another one to the learning plan. When you create the LP, I’d make sure to place all the courses in an order and configure it so that the previous course is a requirement to take the following one etc. This way, you can “lock” the certificate/certification for the course behind a sequence of courses that you consider mandatory for the first certificate/certification, and then you just attach another one to the LP in the LP settings.

You only need to make sure that the single course that is attached to the certificate/certification can not be taken somewhere else independently from the LP because it might be a way to bypass your sequence (you can potentially just use a copy in the LP).

That’s the only way I can think of making this work. Maybe someone else has a better idea.