Question

vILT Course Sessions/Events CSV Import

• 23 June 2021
  • 3 replies

My team conducts weekly live webinars for new customers. I’m trying to figure out how to import each week quickly, without having to edit any week individually/manually. As far as I can tell, each weekly “session” is also an “event” - there’s effectively no difference between the two, since each week only has one event. Is there any way to import both sessions and events at once? Alternatively, if I set the Session UUIDs when importing sessions, can I then import events assigned by Session UUID and have them populate the correct session? Or am I going about this all wrong in the first place?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @mirabella.garrett i had a look at the import templates and I think you should be able to import your Events to different Sessions if you have you Session codes. I would suggest you give it a try. Also, if you are interested there is a vILT info session being hosted by a Docebo customer tomorrow...that might be helpful for you and perhaps you can find some tips & tricks there too. I’ll if i can find the post and attach it here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Here you go @mirabella.garrett 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Mirabella, 

With the new vILT layout you need to perform always 2 steps. The first one is to create the session and afterwards to create the events.

The reason behind is that you cannot create an event without specifying the session ID. This code is unique and it is created only when you create the session.

To your second question, yes, you can do that. Once you create all the sessions through CSV you can create massively the events and assign them to the corresponding session as soon as you set the proper session ID in the CSV.

I hope this helps.

Rosalie