Question

VILT Set Up

• 2 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello! Looking for some best practices setting up VILT/Sessions/Events for a webinar. This is our first time using this feature of our LMS. Monthly, we have Webinars that are all related to Safety. Each is a different topic. My questions are:

• Should each separate Webinar be a separate VILT? Or 1 VILT and each webinar is a separate session? 
  • Is it required to set up an event per session? Or is a session sufficient?

Any best practices around VILT’s would be appreciated! Thanks.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@simone.yaghi you should treat each ILT like a separate course.

Then, each session is a unique instance of that course - so a user attending a session should get the full scope of the learning, and each session should be equivalent to other sessions (learners can enroll themselves in only a single session).

An event is the actual meeting/webinar within a session. There may be a single meeting, or a series of meetings to cover the full scope of the course.

You have some options for the course completion, but basically, the course is marked as completed once a learner attends all events withing a single session.

In other words - if you want a single user to attend several meetings within the course to have it completed, those should be created as events within a single session.

If you want to provide several options for attending the course at different times of the day (e.g. to accommodate for different time zones) or for attending the same course in different months (e.g. new users who joined withing the last few weeks), than those are sessions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @simone.yaghi perhaps this will help you out:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124099-Creating-and-Managing-ILT-and-VILT-Sessions

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks! @lrnlab @alekwo I did refer to that knowledge article and the Docebo U course.

Once enrolled, Is there a way from the session landing page to add the event your Outlook or teams calendar?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@simone.yaghi you should see a calendar icon at the top right of the page or make sure you send them the notification that includes the calendar booking

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@lrnlab Thanks! I don’t see that option on the page - can you share a screenshot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@simone.yaghi you only see this once you are enrolled

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@lrnlab thank you!!

Userlevel 1

One thing I’ve noticed about that calendar subscription link is that it creates a separate calendar within Microsoft Outlook.

Another option could be to use the “User enrolled in Multi-Day Class session” notification and attach the calendar invite via HTML. This way the user can add it to their personal calendar versus creating a separate calendar in Outlook (picture attached for sample code).

Hope this helps, too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @psawchukuhyus agree, but this is a bug with Outlook...Strangely enough the web version of outlook works fine and if you try it on Google calendar, no issues, same with Mac calendars. We logged a ticket on this a couple years ago and Docebo said there was nothing they could do to resolve the issue. 

@simone.yaghi using the calendar link is like a calendar subscription so it will always create a new calendar...problem is that it does the same each time you use the link...it doesn't seem to sync which is the frustrating part

Userlevel 1

@lrnlab ah, I had no idea. Still frustrating that there is no definite fix. The sync issue would frustrate me, too. I created another notification with an updated attachment whenever the event is changed to (hopefully) remediate that issue.