Question

What skills appear in the channel filter?

• 24 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

When i open the skills filter for a channel, I see only about 9 skills listed and I see no way to expand this selection or customize it. They appear to be the same 9 skills across all channels, so it would appear these filters aren’t contextual in any way. 

Does anyone have information on which skills are displayed in the channel filter or how we can customize this list? 

Thanks, 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Think you need to further explore the Skills Management app to make sure all the skills you want to have appear are there and published.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020425520-Managing-the-skills-of-your-users

Badge

Thanks for the reply, I think I’ve found the answer I was looking for. 

The skills were present, published, and assigned the proper branch/group in the Skills Management app.

I’d assumed the skills displayed in the channel filter were being pulled from the skills associated with assets in the channel. I see now that the skills filter includes only skills associated with the user profile, not the assets themselves. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Oh didn't know that...good catch...so is it only when they post that they can see all skills or are you saying it only displays assets that relate to the skills the user added to their skills profile?

Badge

The latter. When viewing a channel,  if a user expands the ‘skills’ filter the only skills they’ll see as filters are the ones they’ve added to their profile (they’ll still see all the courses in the channel, of course). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

thanks for the update