What triggers the "User was declined from an ILT session" notification?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

What triggers the "User was declined from an ILT session" notification?

How does the User was declined from an ILT session trigger differ from the User has unenrolled from ILT session?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

it’s tied to the setting that would require a user to gain approval to register for an ILT session.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab hey there!

At the course level enrollment configuration can be set to ‘pending admin approval’, but at the course and session levels there is no option to ‘decline’ a users enrollment.  What action needs to be taken to trigger that specific event?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

they are tied together so when the user registers for the session, they are automatically enrolled in the course. When the course enrolment is declined, so is the registration into the session

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4429113070226-Notification-Events-and-Conditions#Course.UserWasDeclinedFromAnIltSession

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab - Is it the act of unenrolling that is the the trigger?  So if we are using the ‘unenrolled from course’ notification, they would receive 2 notifications?  Does it matter if its self unenroll or admin unenroll? There’s not an option to ‘Decline’ or ‘Reject’, that’s where the confusion comes from.  If there is I have not seen it anywhere in help docs or in the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No, it’s when the request is declined. When you set up your courses to require approval, the enrolment and the registration into the ILT session are connected. When the user request is declined (rejected), this is when this email goes out. It has nothing to do with the un-enrolment process.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab May you please give guidance on how to reject/decline with screenshots?  I have seen no help documents showing how to do this, nor do I see anything in the platform that gives an option to decline.  That’s why I am not connecting the dots lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The legacy page that would normally show an obvious “approve/decline” option was retired a while back so the best way to know that you have anything pending approval is to enable the Task Widget.

You will see “Course enrolment approvals” tab. Click the request and you will land on the “waiting users” tab of the ILT course. To “approve” you only need to change the status to enrolled...not very intuitive 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab in the change status that you have circled, is there a decline/reject option?  I get that approving is changing to ‘enrolled’, its the decline/rejected option that I am not seeing at all.  Does the widget provide different enrollment status options than the enrollment tab of a course/session?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No, that’s the confusing part...we used to have a nice “approvals” screen but that went away when they updated the enrolments tab on the courses…

you can choose what to display on the widget but for approvals, there’s only 1 tab (depicted above)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab so I am not crazy then, there’s no reject/decline button now, and that’s the trigger for the notification, so that notification really cant fire because we don’t have the ability to reject/decline.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

right, if you enable the task widget  you should be able to test out the process from there. We have it working.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab Thank you sir!!! You are the best!