When is Old Reports Module being depreciated?

• 14 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I remember a while back when the new reports came out there was talk of the old reports module going away at some point.  

Anyone have any idea on when that might be?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We asked the same thing to our Customer Success Manager and were advised it will still be here for a while and they could not advise a date it would go away, they said if we didn’t want it to appear though we could recode some of the platform to hide it. Unfortunately we don’t have the code and have just left it as it is now and created guides for people to go to ‘new reports’ 
Hopefully someone else has a difinitive date it will go away as I am also curious to know 

Userlevel 4
Badge

We used localisation to add ** to highlight the new reports link making it appear as

**New Reports **

because we kept clicking on the old one by mistake!

Userlevel 3

You can also add some CSS to hide it from the menu. Although it might not be considered “Good Practice”, it would avoid people mistakenly clicking on it.

Here an example you could use (targeting the link of the anchor):

div#menu_E-Learning ul li a[href="/legacy/admin/index.php%3Fr%3DreportManagement/index"]{
        display:none;
    }
Hope this helps! 😊
Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @Sébastien Arbour !

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Johfra FYI

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Jihane - Any update on this?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@JKolodner nope, and I am not the right person to ask. :( 

But generally I suggest to start to use the new Reports, let share with you 2 KB articles:

- How to migrate old reports to the the new reports - here 

- Creating new reports - here