Best Answer

Why can't I assign a notification to an enrollment rule?

• 18 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is anyone able to assign a “user has been enrolled in a learning plan” email notification to an enrollment rule (branch/learning plan)? The only notifications I seem to be able to assign are “Digest: user has been enrolled in a course” … and with 20 courses in my learning plan that makes for an ugly email 😣.

I have signed into the specific tenant before creating the notification.

Just feels like a ‘bug’ …

icon

Best answer by KMallette 18 January 2024, 23:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I was of the same viewpoint but them I went back into the KB article and followed the instructions precisely and….it WORKED…

it must be a precise match so am guessing that fore each rule you need a matching notification (?? maybe)

End result:

although, the notification cannot be scheduled so not really sure how it actually works...I would not be going into each notif to send manually...seems some parts are missing...and there is no mention of this part in the article 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128579-Activating-and-Managing-the-Enrollment-Rules-App#h_01HAPD3HJD7RR1Y9MQ8PJ3WW79

try it out and see if you can figure out how to get them sent…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was of the same viewpoint but them I went back into the KB article and followed the instructions precisely and….it WORKED…

it must be a precise match so am guessing that fore each rule you need a matching notification (?? maybe)

End result:

although, the notification cannot be scheduled so not really sure how it actually works...I would not be going into each notif to send manually...seems some parts are missing...and there is no mention of this part in the article 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128579-Activating-and-Managing-the-Enrollment-Rules-App#h_01HAPD3HJD7RR1Y9MQ8PJ3WW79

try it out and see if you can figure out how to get them sent…

Hi, @lrnlab My platform is already configured that way … and I can assign a Digest email … and you’re right that works.  But I don’t want a Digest email. Digest emails want you to list out course names as [items], and as I mentioned, with 20 “items” that’s too cumbersome to read.

HA! I just figured it out.

Create the Digest email, but CHANGE THE TEXT in the email … remove all of the [item] codes and put whatever text in there you want. Now I have a readable email, and the enrollment rule has it’s notification (as a Digest!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes, exactly...you can include whatever you want on the template and have multiple copies for each enrolment rule...seems like overkill. This should be made a whole lot simpler.