Skip to main content
Best Answer

Why does the 'Branches' Data Not Show in Custom Reports Shared with Power Users?

• 9 April 2022
  • 6 replies

We have power users who are set with permissions to ‘View Users’ and ‘View Reports’ in their assigned profiles, with specific groups assigned to them under their assigned resources. I noticed, however, that (although the ‘Branches’ field is selected as a View Option for the report), no data populates in the Branches field when the reports shared with these power users are previewed/exported by the power users. The data in the field DOES populate for me as a Superadmin when I preview/export these reports though. I am guessing it has to do with either the report settings or power user permissions, but I cannot figure out what needs to change in order for these users to see the 'Branches' data for the groups that are assigned to them as power users on their reports.

Has anyone else experienced this with their power users? If so, do you have any suggestions? I have sent a support ticket, but also wanted to reach out to the Community.

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi…let me take a stab at this @abaumgard
How are the resources assigned to your PUs? At a branch level? 
I know branches can be used to establish groups…but if they are not assigned at the “branch level”? I wonder if the system has an issue with reporting the scope you are after for your PUs without it?

I will admit that I am still new to the system (less than a yr) and I keep learning how to improve reporting each time I configure another…so maybe take a moment and give it a try???

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi. Thanks for responding! Resources assigned to the users are all courses/learning plans and users by group. (Not by branch, because the users that these power users need access to fall within specific groups, but they should all be in the same branch). I will look into the branch piece though. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

You were right; when I add branch, they can see it. Unfortunately, we do not want these power users to have access to all users within a branch, but at least I know the answer now.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I’ve assigned users by branch to my PU, but in reports | branches she can only see total users. Nothing for

Enrollments
Completed
In Progress

Not Started

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

Userlevel 2
Badge

@FitzySol, In order for a power user to view the users’ data on reports, you have to ensure that they are assigned a profile with permissions to: View Reports, View Courses, and View Users.

In addition, you have to share the courses/learning plans that you would like the Power User to be able to view the completion data for in the reports as ‘Resources’ to the power user. (I generally select ‘All Courses and Learning Plans’ so that the PU can view data on any course for the users in the brach/group assigned to them).

Userlevel 1

@FitzySol, In order for a power user to view the users’ data on reports, you have to ensure that they are assigned a profile with permissions to: View Reports, View Courses, and View Users.

In addition, you have to share the courses/learning plans that you would like the Power User to be able to view the completion data for in the reports as ‘Resources’ to the power user. (I generally select ‘All Courses and Learning Plans’ so that the PU can view data on any course for the users in the brach/group assigned to them).

That sorted it. Mucho thanks.

Fitz