Skip to main content

Has anyone figured out how to manage time zones automatically for users?
This thread about APIs and Power Automate seems to be the best shot at it, but I am not a M365 institution.

@willingworth are you asking about how Docebo can now recognize and prompt a user to update their timezone? It should happen automatically...I see it occasionally when I impersonate a user who is not in my time zone. You might need to allow users to update their time zone to see this...

Hello @lrnlab - that is a helpful feature, but no. I want to import it via API, SSO, or otherwise manage in from an admin level.

The prompt is a great improvement, but I’d rather just set it from data I already have to reduce user burden.

If you're using the user CSV import you can build a lookup table with time zones based on some other property on their profiles such as city, state, province, country, etc. That’s what I do for all my imports.

We’re in an API sync setup.

you should be able to do the same but you would need to add a step where your source file uses a lookup table to match up the time zones, then create a final file that your API will use to sync up your data in the LMS