Skip to main content
Question

Automation for Client LMS

• 26 June 2024
  • 4 replies

We are launching our client side LMS soon and am currently running into one road block. We set up our client side LMS to be a page and menu that is only visible to a certain branch, and clients upon enrolling with our company are given access to that page via registering with the unique branch code. However, we are offering an additional package that will include access to specific channels and content that not all clients will be able to see. 

What would be the best way to automate the process where the clients who get the additional package can automatically get access to that Channel and content? I was thinking of developing a unique branch for it, but that wouldn’t help if an existing client is upgrading services, as they would already be in the system from when they first registered. Currently, we have clients who receive this additional package being manually added to a group where that content and Channel are only visible to them. Any advice would be appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

There would have to be some way to let Docebo know that the person has the additional package before you can automate it. That could either be through an additional field that gets updated, enrollment into a course, or something else. 

How do your user accounts currently get created/updated? Is it only through self-registration? If there’s another system that knows who has the additional package you might be able to use APIs or the automation app to update a user additional field. With that you can create automatic groups

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

For new registrations, I’d recommend that you do a separate code, separate dashboards for the extra package.

For existing that are upgrading, additional fields are perfect. The field could be used to assign to a group, which then assigns to the separate dashboard (that I advocated above)

There would have to be some way to let Docebo know that the person has the additional package before you can automate it. That could either be through an additional field that gets updated, enrollment into a course, or something else. 

How do your user accounts currently get created/updated? Is it only through self-registration? If there’s another system that knows who has the additional package you might be able to use APIs or the automation app to update a user additional field. With that you can create automatic groups

Currently external client profiles are created solely through registration. I have the group created, but it is a manual process at this point. Don’t think the enrollment into the course would be the best process, but I would have to see if our core processing system would be able to ‘talk’ to Docebo to try and use the API or automation app. 

Thank you!

For new registrations, I’d recommend that you do a separate code, separate dashboards for the extra package.

For existing that are upgrading, additional fields are perfect. The field could be used to assign to a group, which then assigns to the separate dashboard (that I advocated above)

For the new registrations, I brought up that idea, but since the registration isn’t being handled by our team they were worried having two registration instructions would get confusing and might create more chaos than intended. 

I agree with additional fields as stated above.